• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

Yes, but it sounds like there was enough in common that it was easy to transition the players. And what they learned from Frost was still valuable under Heupel. I don’t think anything from the Gulf Coast Offense was transferable to Gilbert’s Offense. 

I agree. they made a great hire. they had success under frost so they hired someone just like him.

unfortunately we didn't do the same.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I agree. they made a great hire. they had success under frost so they hired someone just like him.

unfortunately we didn't do the same.

To be fair, Strong was a big time name coming from a couple of big P5 programs (albeit the Texas experiment was a failure).  At the time, most people were pretty excited about the hire, I know I was.  However, the Texas failure should have been a bigger big red flag then it was.

But to your point, it probably would have been a wiser decision to bring in a Taggart offensive minded type of coach that fit the players we had. 

Not saying I've given up on Strong quite yet.  I still think that KB can get the offense going strong (no pun intended) with time and better players.  The team does need to show improvement as the year goes on however, or the slate will probably we wiped clean.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

No my opinion is that success has to have some sort of consensus in order to have actual value. If making money is McDonalds goal then they are great (this should be their ultimate goal) if making great food is their goal then they probably should go back to the drawing board, if our goal is to be a great football team than winning the AAC shouldn’t be part of that equation because the people that care about the AAC much less it’s championships is pretty close to that zero percent number you are throwing around. Everyone in the AAC automatically loses because at the end of the day they are in the AAC.

I love Sausage Egg McMuffins and hash browns.

I also love destroying the Golden Corral buffet.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

To be fair, Strong was a big time name coming from a couple of big P5 programs (albeit the Texas experiment was a failure).  At the time, most people were pretty excited about the hire, I know I was.  However, the Texas failure should have been a bigger big red flag then it was.

But to your point, it probably would have been a wiser decision to bring in a Taggart offensive minded type of coach that fit the players we had. 

Not saying I've given up on Strong quite yet.  I still think that KB can get the offense going strong (no pun intended) with time and better players.  The team does need to show improvement as the year goes on however, or the slate will probably we wiped clean.

I thought it was a terrible hire. complete 180 from Taggart who had built the program with offense in mind first.

Strong lost to Kansas for crying out loud in his 3rd year at texas, the wealthiest program in the country.

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hot McDonalds fries are a top culinary achievement.   Unfortunately they quickly turn into inedible unsatisfying cardboard.  Kind of of like USF under CJL.... 

I love what you have done here. McDonald's has weaponized the french fry, they are very good piping hot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you don't watch much Bulls football do you? you think UCF would have lost to Georgia Tech??? USF would have beaten Stanford????

wow............

UCF probably loses to Wisconsin but it's a game. They annihilate GT like GT is an FCS team. We do not beat Stanford.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

UCF probably loses to Wisconsin but it's a game. They annihilate GT like GT is an FCS team. We do not beat Stanford.

Think that is pretty accurate. Things will get better for USF. 

53 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah, this still concerns me about the Defense.  They are improved, but still need work. 

The huge turnover margin and us taking advantage of the turnovers were really the difference in the game......otherwise it was actually closer than the score indicates.

I was telling my dad that despite the score, and this seems ludicrous, that SC State was competitive. If they don't self destruct in the red zone a couples times and learn to hold onto the ball it's a close game. They gave us some gimme field position with the turnovers right from the start actually.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I was telling my dad that despite the score, and this seems ludicrous, that SC State was competitive. If they don't self destruct in the red zone a couples times and learn to hold onto the ball it's a close game. They gave us some gimme field position with the turnovers right from the start actually.

Will be interesting to see how good SC St is this season. Think they would give GT a game. 

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Will be interesting to see how good SC St is this season. Think they would give GT a game. 

They might. The GT game was like bad dentistry.