• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Audition King as OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Gosh.. kind of struggling here. If you were given the option of a successful OC at a lower level or promoting King, a number of you guys want to take the risk on promoting King?? Big time King fan, but I have no evidence that tells me he is ready for our OC gig. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

56 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I think the OC does more than just calls plays. I could be wrong because Ive never played competitive football. I thought the OC was responsible for offense design and implementation so I do think its more than play calling. I think we need to get someone with experience but will be supportive of any route we go. Yes that includes Gilbert......even though that was hard to type.

I don't want to hire him as a full time OC necessarily. Just to call plays for last two games. way too late to redesign an offense. maybe an audition. I'd rather a different offense next year.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

And we are 17 - 6 thru almost two full seasons.  Your goal is to score 40+ every game?  The goal of the game is to win.  Winning by 1 or 30 doesn't matter.  This isn't Madden.  It's a real game. 

BTW, during this same time period the D has given up 28+ in 9 games and 42 to UMass.  I could draft 10 guys from this board, play UMass and not give up 42 points.  

Houston and Cincy are better than us, as is UCF.  Tulane and Temple IMO are not better than us.  I said preseason that Temple would be a very tough out up here and most balked and laughed.  

The D needs to improve dramatically or the DC will be looking for work.  

6 games under 30 pts with the weapons we have and you say the offense is fine? This same offense couldn't freakin score any points in the 2nd half of the Temple game. Gilbert is garbage.  the defense is young and small. They will get bigger and better. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

6 games under 30 pts with the weapons we have and you say the offense is fine? This same offense couldn't freakin score any points in the 2nd half of the Temple game. Gilbert is garbage.  the defense is young and small. They will get bigger and better. 

scored 20 against ecu, 7 in 3 quarters against Ill, 3 in first half against tulsa, 7 in first half against UConn, 3 in first half against tulane (15 total)

this was a top 5 offense two seasons ago

I get we lost players but look at these defenses.

#130(7 points first half),

#125(7 points in 3 quarters),

#105(20 total points),

#82(3 in first half),

#72( 3 in first half-15 total)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Gosh.. kind of struggling here. If you were given the option of a successful OC at a lower level or promoting King, a number of you guys want to take the risk on promoting King?? Big time King fan, but I have no evidence that tells me he is ready for our OC gig. 

I agree with you.  I say bring in someone who already has an idea as to what they're doing and that has an actual system.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I agree that the defense is a big problem but the offense put up 20 vs ECU, 25 vs Tulsa, 15 vs Tulane, 23 vs Cinci and 17 vs Temple.  Not quite a juggernaut on that side of the ball.  

But the yardage!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/19/2018 at 12:32 PM, GaUSFBull said:

What do you have against the USF coach who is tied for 2nd in bowl wins in our history?

Obv I know you're joking, but really this guy just ran the same game plan that Flowers and company ran all year. Kinda like how Flowers made Gilbert look decent last year.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

Let Shaun King call the plays 4 our bowl game. Then just promote him. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Shawn king is a part of this staff he needs fired too, he is part of everybody.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

No give me someone with experience