• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Audition King as OC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

That was kind of hard to read, but if I understand what he's saying it's that the offense is boring and predictable.

It was a transcription from a radio show.  So it was more conversational.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

19 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We were up 17-0 going into the 3rd quarter, the defense only allowed 1 td and 1 field goal in the 3rd quarter and we lost 27-17. This offense sucks. I dont think we are even averaging 30 pts a game anymore. 

#ShaunKingForOC

Perhaps you missed the part where I said "except vs. Temple" in my original post.  The O is not the issue.  The D has not been good all year.

I would like to see the O throw on first down and use the middle of the field.  Unless Wilcox is in no one goes over the middle of the middle of the field.  Not sure what the slot receivers role is.  The other thing I'd like to see is us use clock when up.  We love to take snaps with 25 seconds left on the play clock when we are winning.  Why?  Slow down and use clock.  I think back to LY's Houston game and if we would have used clock it never would have come down to 4th and 24.  

While many don't like the 44 dive play it has been very effective many times this year with a very marginal OL.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Perhaps you missed the part where I said "except vs. Temple" in my original post.  The O is not the issue.  The D has not been good all year.

The offense has scored 25 or less in 6 games. 3 games we scored 20 pts or less. The past two years we have had only 1, maybe 2 games in which we scored less than 30pts.  How is the offense fine? The defense can only do so much is the offense keeps giving the ball back to the other team.  #ShaunKingforOC 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The offense has scored 25 or less in 6 games. 3 games we scored 20 pts or less. The past two years we have had only 2, maybe 3 games in which we scored less than 30pts.  How is the offense fine? The defense can only do so much is the offense keeps giving the ball back to the other team.  #ShaunKingforOC 

this offense has regressed a ton.  Gilbert is calling designed runs for his QB who is not known for his running ability. almost got him killed the last two games he has played. I truly believe this guy has no idea how to call plays that maximize his talent. Q bailed him out last year by being able to run

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

I don't get the love for King as OC.  I het that people want a change but this is a major leap of faith. Something Im not sure our fanbase can take if it does work.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, mjadams said:

I don't get the love for King as OC.  I het that people want a change but this is a major leap of faith. Something Im not sure our fanbase can take if it does work.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to call plays.he couldn't be much worse than Gilbert at this point.

personally I think we need a different offense entirely. not a fan of veer and shoot which is basically runs between the tackles and passes outside the numbers.

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The offense has scored 25 or less in 6 games. 3 games we scored 20 pts or less. The past two years we have had only 1, maybe 2 games in which we scored less than 30pts.  How is the offense fine? The defense can only do so much is the offense keeps giving the ball back to the other team.  #ShaunKingforOC 

And we are 17 - 6 thru almost two full seasons.  Your goal is to score 40+ every game?  The goal of the game is to win.  Winning by 1 or 30 doesn't matter.  This isn't Madden.  It's a real game. 

BTW, during this same time period the D has given up 28+ in 9 games and 42 to UMass.  I could draft 10 guys from this board, play UMass and not give up 42 points.  

Houston and Cincy are better than us, as is UCF.  Tulane and Temple IMO are not better than us.  I said preseason that Temple would be a very tough out up here and most balked and laughed.  

The D needs to improve dramatically or the DC will be looking for work.  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

30 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to call plays.he couldn't be much worse than Gilbert at this point.

personally I think we need a different offense entirely. not a fan of veer and shoot which is basically runs between the tackles and passes outside the numbers.

I think the OC does more than just calls plays. I could be wrong because Ive never played competitive football. I thought the OC was responsible for offense design and implementation so I do think its more than play calling. I think we need to get someone with experience but will be supportive of any route we go. Yes that includes Gilbert......even though that was hard to type.