• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Audition King as OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

What about this guy??

A1482643-649F-458B-B668-BABFF07041C8.png

Something about him that is not positive. We brought him back once but CWT was not high on him. He then left (or was pushed away) to Toledo? I believe. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Any way Joe Kinnan can be brought on as a consultant again? 🙂

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,980
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Something about him that is not positive. We brought him back once but CWT was not high on him. He then left (or was pushed away) to Toledo? I believe. 

He wasn't a Plies guy as I recall, more of a Taylor Swift type.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, lets have an OC who has never been one before. Are we a high school team of big boy college football?

Also, please no TJ weist.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

What if Sterlin is just doing what Strong wants remember he said slow the offense down when he was hired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Eastern_Illinois_Panthers_football_team

Sterlin was the OC for Eastern Illinois and they put up a bunch of points on offense.

We could bring in the greatest OC in the nation and Strong might be happy with safe plays up the middle to eat up the clock

and give the defense a break.  

When you look at UL scores when they had Bridgewater so many close games...when they should have really been

blowout wins with a future NFL QB at the helm.   

This bland offense is really the result of what Charlie wants not maybe Gilbert.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

What if Sterlin is just doing what Strong wants remember he said slow the offense down when he was hired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Eastern_Illinois_Panthers_football_team

Sterlin was the OC for Eastern Illinois and they put up a bunch of points on offense.

We could bring in the greatest OC in the nation and Strong might be happy with safe plays up the middle to eat up the clock

and give the defense a break.  

When you look at UL scores when they had Bridgewater so many close games...when they should have really been

blowout wins with a future NFL QB at the helm.   

This bland offense is really the result of what Charlie wants not maybe Gilbert.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, USFBulls727 said:

King at OC seems a popular thought on this board, but he has zero experience at that position that I know of. Seems kind of risky.

Take a deeper look at Gilbert's background. He went from a high school OC to an FCS OC at Eastern Illinois  under Dino Babers. Dino Babers worked as a positions coach for Art Briles and had an extensive background coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Sterlin was not calling the plays: it's no different than what Willie Taggart does. So Sterlin being the spark for Eastern Illinois is questionable at best.

Then Sterlin goes to Bowling Green, same arrangement as Eastern Illinois with Babers as the HC. 

Sterlin's next stop is Tulsa with recently hired Phillip Montgomery.  Montgomery was the OC for Baylor working directly with Art Briles.  

Next stop for Sterlin was Texas followed by USF. 

In my opinion he was originally given the position to support recruiting and since that time it has been a friendly hire since with the majority of the offensive play calling  direction coming from the head coach. At Texas and at USF he has shown a lack of progression.

Keep in mind the 2 point conversion at UCF last year was a Taggert play that Flowers and Johnson decided. 

If I am Strong get ready to turn the page.

Note:At best former Art Briles assistants  as HCs have a touch over 50% winning percentage. The offense truly takes a mobile QB that can really throw the ball.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/17/2018 at 7:32 PM, BiggTipp said:

What about this guy??

A1482643-649F-458B-B668-BABFF07041C8.png

As someone who used to work for athletics when I was a student, I can tell you that I never understood a word that came out of Coach Blackwell’s mouth. He also seemed lost all the time.

I’m grateful for what he did as a player, but he’s not our savior as a coach by any means.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

Shaun King has worked as QB and Running back coach under Taggart 's Gulf coast offense.  Probably spent time with Kinan as well. He also worked under Gilbert's veer and Shoot offense. In an interview he stated that he collects as much info from everybody he works with. At this point, its safe to assume he has made a playbook and developed an offense should he get the opportunity. He can definitely blend both offenses together and make a new offense. With his background as a player, NFL analyst coaching in highschool and recruiting, its a no brainer to me to give him a chance. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 11/17/2018 at 10:56 PM, USFBULL_08 said:

Also, please no TJ weist.

What do you have against the USF coach who is tied for 2nd in bowl wins in our history?

• Upvote 1