• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Audition King as OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I understand. From the hope of Barnett and 12-0 to the bull poop on the field. Been a long season. Very exhausting and dis-spiriting.

amen

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

CCS may move on from Gilbert. But I think there’s no chance he gives King, or any other first time coordinator, the job if he thinks his job may be on the line.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

CCS may move on from Gilbert. But I think there’s no chance he gives King, or any other first time coordinator, the job if he thinks his job may be on the line.

King has surpassed expectations for every position he coached. QF and Marlon Mack flourished under him. USF **** near three 1000 yd rushers last year. This year rushing is the only positive part of our offense. He was an OC on the highschool level. And has been a part of the staff of **** near 3 different offenses. At this point, I dont feel he is that much of a risk and more of a priority. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

King has surpassed expectations for every position he coached. QF and Marlon Mack flourished under him. USF **** near three 1000 yd rushers last year. This year rushing is the only positive part of our offense. He was an OC on the highschool level. And has been a part of the staff of **** near 3 different offenses. At this point, I dont feel he is that much of a risk and more of a priority. 

He never coached Mack as a RB coach.   During Mack's time at USF King was the QB coach.  He didn't start coaching the RB's until Strong and company got to USF 

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He never coached Mack as a RB coach.   During Mack's time at USF King was the QB coach.  He didn't start coaching the RB's until Strong and company got to USF 

Taggart moved him to Running back coach. King kept him as a running back coach. 

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Taggart moved him to Running back coach. King kept him as a running back coach. 

No, you're 100% wrong here.  From his USF BIO:

In his first season as running backs coach at USF (2017), King saw USF become the only team in the nation with three players to run for 800 yards or more. Senior running backs Darius Tice (986 yards and 11 TD) and D’Ernest Johnson (836 yards and 7 TD) both had career-best years and joined quarterback Quinton Flowers (1,078 yards and 11 TD) in helping USF run for 3,169 yards and 30 touchdowns. The Bulls ranked eighth in the nation in rushing offense (264.1 ypg) and stood sixth in total (513.0 ypg) and 10th in scoring offense (38.3 ppg). The Bulls ran for 200 yards or more in nine games, eclipsing 300 yards in five.

In 2016, King coached the Bulls’ quarterbacks during a record-setting season for the USF offense and American Conference Offensive Player of the Year Quinton Flowers. King helped guide Flowers to numerous USF season records including marks for total offense (4,337 yards), total touchdowns (42), passing touchdowns (24), rushing yards (1,530) and rushing touchdowns (18). Flowers rushing total of 1,530 yards ranks as the fifth-best mark ever by an FBS quarterback and his 7.73 yards per carry average ranked fourth among all FBS players in 2016. The USF offense set nearly 40 team and individual records, including team records for total yards (6,650), rushing yards (3,714) and scoring (569 points), while the Bulls posted a school-record 11-2 mark, achieved a Top 25 ranking and won the program’s fifth bowl game.

https://gousfbulls.com/staff.aspx?staff=427

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

No, you're 100% wrong here.  From his USF BIO:

In his first season as running backs coach at USF (2017), King saw USF become the only team in the nation with three players to run for 800 yards or more. Senior running backs Darius Tice (986 yards and 11 TD) and D’Ernest Johnson (836 yards and 7 TD) both had career-best years and joined quarterback Quinton Flowers (1,078 yards and 11 TD) in helping USF run for 3,169 yards and 30 touchdowns. The Bulls ranked eighth in the nation in rushing offense (264.1 ypg) and stood sixth in total (513.0 ypg) and 10th in scoring offense (38.3 ppg). The Bulls ran for 200 yards or more in nine games, eclipsing 300 yards in five.

In 2016, King coached the Bulls’ quarterbacks during a record-setting season for the USF offense and American Conference Offensive Player of the Year Quinton Flowers. King helped guide Flowers to numerous USF season records including marks for total offense (4,337 yards), total touchdowns (42), passing touchdowns (24), rushing yards (1,530) and rushing touchdowns (18). Flowers rushing total of 1,530 yards ranks as the fifth-best mark ever by an FBS quarterback and his 7.73 yards per carry average ranked fourth among all FBS players in 2016. The USF offense set nearly 40 team and individual records, including team records for total yards (6,650), rushing yards (3,714) and scoring (569 points), while the Bulls posted a school-record 11-2 mark, achieved a Top 25 ranking and won the program’s fifth bowl game.

https://gousfbulls.com/staff.aspx?staff=427

Im an old man lol My bad. Im losing track of time. Either way. When we lost Marlon Mack, everybody was worried about our running game and King kept it going. 

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im an old man lol My bad. Im losing track of time. Either way. When we lost Marlon Mack, everybody was worried about our running game and King kept it going. 

I'm young and the same thing happens to me, don't sweat it.   He's done a great job with two different position groups and I would like to see him get a shot at OC or at least a CO-OC tag to get him some experience and start building that part of him up.  

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm young and the same thing happens to me, don't sweat it.   He's done a great job with two different position groups and I would like to see him get a shot at OC or at least a CO-OC tag to get him some experience and start building that part of him up.  

Maybe he can combine the Gulf Coast with the Veer and shoot. ...a Gulf-Shoot offense 🙂

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Strong should let the bowl game be a tryout for King. Let King call the plays in the bowl game and see what he can do.