• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He balled out. 

He could have had a MONSTROUS game if his WRs caught beautifully thrown balls. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I am ok with everything that you said.  In the end, I want to win.  The next three weeks will tell us a lot.  But we cannot play the if game.  Because it works both ways, if Mack was tackled on the flea flicker, if QFs interceptable balls were actually intercepted...it goes on and on.  We are what our record says we are and right now it is spot on with were most fans thought we would be at this point in the season. 

A little skepticism is healthy IMO, so carry on. But can't doubt the kid's determination. He's thrown INTs and he's fumbled. Then he got up and led the O to scores. This all by itself is evidence of a new mentality that is impossible for his teammates to ignore--lead by example, and they'll follow. Even the WRs (I hope).

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

True, but it wasn't his passing ability that did it (even though the drops were not his fault).

This is dead on. While I def saw QF grow up as a passer last game, its silly to get upset that statistics like QBR dont account for dropped passes. Do stats account for a poor O line in a running back's rushing yards?

If QF can repeat the type of accuracy he had against SMU this week, I believe we will see the numbers folks wanted to see this past game. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is dead on. While I def saw QF grow up as a passer last game, its silly to get upset that statistics like QBR dont account for dropped passes. Do stats account for a poor O line in a running back's rushing yards?

If QF can repeat the type of accuracy he had against SMU this week, I believe we will see the numbers folks wanted to see this past game. 

For the record, what is QBR again?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

We have beaten four teams with a total of eight wins. SMU and FAMU have one win each. We did play Memphis close, I'm not sure what that means, if anything.  Let's wait and see how we do in the next four games. If we win two or three games and Q plays and PASSES well, we will know we have a team and a qb. I will be at the Navy and ECU games, unless business interferes. Annapolis is a great place to visit(even though I'm an army draftee 67'-70'), and ECU is always fun. The fans at ECU pack the place and they understand southern football. Go Bulls

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

Didn't the 59yd run come on the same series as the wide-open would-have-been a TD drop?

No way of knowing, but if the wr's catch the catchable balls does QF get the opportunity to run for 200?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Didn't the 59yd run come on the same series as the wide-open would-have-been a TD drop?

No way of knowing, but if the wr's catch the catchable balls does QF get the opportunity to run for 200?

Had to check but no, that long run came on the first play after the kickoff following SMU taking a 7-3 lead ... and I'm sure that some of QF's yards did come during series following a drop but you still don't know how things would have played out if catches were made as the game went along.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I believe that if we didn't have the drops, there is no way Flowers gets close to 200 yards rushing.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I believe that if we didn't have the drops, there is no way Flowers gets close to 200 yards rushing.

Probably correct... isn't this an example of the QB being the leader and elevating those around him though? Guys drop a ball and he doesn't get POed and stop playing, he just goes back to work and does what he can control to keep things going. That is the thing I like about his game, he is always trying to make a play, if it has to be with his legs, so be it.

I like what I have seen. He's not the next Peyton Manning, but, the kid has at least a little bit of that "it" factor that it takes to win games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Probably correct... isn't this an example of the QB being the leader and elevating those around him though? Guys drop a ball and he doesn't get POed and stop playing, he just goes back to work and does what he can control to keep things going. That is the thing I like about his game, he is always trying to make a play, if it has to be with his legs, so be it.

I like what I have seen. He's not the next Peyton Manning, but, the kid has at least a little bit of that "it" factor that it takes to win games.

You do know that he is told if his first read isn't there to tuck it and run?  Pretty sure Taggart has said that publicly but, no, I don't have a link.  Progressing through reads will hopefully come with time.