• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

Probably correct... isn't this an example of the QB being the leader and elevating those around him though? Guys drop a ball and he doesn't get POed and stop playing, he just goes back to work and does what he can control to keep things going. That is the thing I like about his game, he is always trying to make a play, if it has to be with his legs, so be it.

I like what I have seen. He's not the next Peyton Manning, but, the kid has at least a little bit of that "it" factor that it takes to win games.

This sums up what I am seeing.  I think he showed real leadership.  We were not losing that game if he had anything to say about it - as it turns out he had a hell of a lot to say.

You do know that he is told if his first read isn't there to tuck it and run?  Pretty sure Taggart has said that publicly but, no, I don't have a link.  Progressing through reads will hopefully come with time.  

I have heard this as well.  First read and run. What happens when they feel he is ready for two reads?  

This goes back to what a lot of people we saying when discussing whether or not he should be the starter.  

If he was close to his competition back then and was only a sophmore (where Bench is a senior) why not find out if he had growth potential.  It turns out he did and still does.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

You do know that he is told if his first read isn't there to tuck it and run?  Pretty sure Taggart has said that publicly but, no, I don't have a link.  Progressing through reads will hopefully come with time.  

Taggart and QF have both said it ..... and I think he usually does that, there have been times he hasn't with some success throwing.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

He is making at least two reads before he runs most of the time.  He has a pretty good clock in his head. I will say this about him is that he is not easily rattled or indecisive. Not saying he is out this world passer but above average decision maker.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

:lmao:

People are still complaining about QF?? I mean the dude's no Deshaun Watson but come on, lol

All the guy does is give a high effort, and display great leadership on the field through his command of the huddle, and his calmness on the field, all of which has been praised by his teammates. While he's displaying great leadership he's making good decisions play after play, displaying rare athleticism at the QB position, and has shown vast improvements deliviering the ball through the air, while only being a sophomore with not even a full season under his belt. Top that off with the positive comments about his leadership and personality from coaches as well.

And people say we are winning IN SPITE of him? Wow..

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

:lmao:

People are still complaining about QF?? I mean the dude's no Deshaun Watson but come on, lol

All the guy does is give a high effort, and display great leadership on the field through his command of the huddle, and his calmness on the field, all of which has been praised by his teammates. While he's displaying great leadership he's making good decisions play after play, displaying rare athleticism at the QB position, and has shown vast improvements deliviering the ball through the air, while only being a sophomore with not even a full season under his belt. Top that off with the positive comments about his leadership and personality from coaches as well.

And people say we are winning IN SPITE of him? Wow..

http://www.thebullspen.com/uploads/profile/photo-5766.gif

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

http://www.thebullspen.com/uploads/profile/photo-5766.gif

I laugh every time I see that.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

This sums up what I am seeing.  I think he showed real leadership.  We were not losing that game if he had anything to say about it - as it turns out he had a hell of a lot to say.

I have heard this as well.  First read and run. What happens when they feel he is ready for two reads?  

This goes back to what a lot of people we saying when discussing whether or not he should be the starter.  

If he was close to his competition back then and was only a sophmore (where Bench is a senior) why not find out if he had growth potential.  It turns out he did and still does.

Go back and watch the film...he goes through his reads if it's not a bubble screen or the pass blocking quickly breaks down ...watch the movement of his head...you'll see him scanning the field and at least going through a couple of reads...

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If Flowers is the starting qb for the next 3 years we'll be legitimately comparing him to BJ and MG guaranteed. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

If Flowers is the starting qb for the next 3 years we'll be legitimately comparing him to BJ and MG guaranteed. 

Agreed, at the beginning of the season I thought that woullard would definitely have the starting job next year from what I saw at the open practices, but now I'm not so sure and I think flowers, if he keeps improving, may be able to keep his starting job for the next couple of years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

he is already better than BJ imo. We shall see if he is compared to Marquell or Grothe