• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

And this is were the allure of the "run first" QB manifests itself.  For every one of those plays that end with "most other QBs would have been sacked" there are a dozen others when he ran for a few yards with wide open receivers down field.  This is what winning does for the "run first" QBs.  We start manipulating stats (QBR anyone), talking about dropped passes (yes, I know the few that were on the receivers), and justifying all of the inability.  In the end, wins are wins, but I still believe we are winning in spite of QF, not because of QF.  Not that we have better options either, it is what it is.     

He's killing it and it's killing you.  We are winning because of QF... It's awesome! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/sports/ncaafootball/the-best-moments-in-college-football-this-week.html?_r=1

The Best Moments in College Football This Week

QUINTON FLOWERS The South Florida sophomore rushed for 201 yards, a team record for a quarterback, and scored three touchdowns as the Bulls trounced visiting Southern Methodist, 38-14, for their first three-game winning streak in four years.

With the leading rusher Marlon Mack sitting out with a hamstring injury, Flowers broke U.S.F.’s single-game rushing record for a quarterback on his first carry of the second half. Matt Grothe ran for 146 yards against Connecticut in 2007, and Flowers nearly matched that with 142 on 13 attempts while building a 17-7 halftime lead.

Quinton deserves the props, it's great to see him breaking out of his shell. Hope he keeps it going :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston have something to say about that.

Neither Bortles or Winston throws a perfect ball.  But QF isn't in the same stratosphere as either one.  QF is a tremendous athlete that has  chance to play on Sundays.  He has zero chance of being a QB on Sundays unless some miraculous transformation takes place.  

Tebow won an Heisman with a dreadful delivery, so I'm not saying QF has no upside at USF.  But he doesn't have anything resembling an NFL arm.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Neither Bortles or Winston throws a perfect ball.  But QF isn't in the same stratosphere as either one.  QF is a tremendous athlete that has  chance to play on Sundays.  He has zero chance of being a QB on Sundays unless some miraculous transformation takes place.  

Tebow won an Heisman with a dreadful delivery, so I'm not saying QF has no upside at USF.  But he doesn't have anything resembling an NFL arm.

Has he stopped growing yet?  

Quinton deserves the props, it's great to see him breaking out of his shell. Hope he keeps it going :thumbsup:

He will eventually "break" himself if he keeps this up.  (See what I did there)?  Further, QF breaking out of his shell would be him throwing for 350 yards.  Running a muck on SMU is 100% in his shell, that's what he does.   

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

He will eventually "break" himself if he keeps this up.  (See what I did there)?  Further, QF breaking out of his shell would be him throwing for 350 yards.  Running a muck on SMU is 100% in his shell, that's what he does.   

He would have thrown it for over 200 and ran it for over 200 if his receivers made the easy catches. It's not about the stats, it's about how confident he's looking making reads and leading this team. He is becoming the true leader of this offense, he's showing confidence in his wide receivers who are dropping balls, which is fantastic to see, and he never really gets down on himself after a mistake. In the end who cares about his stats, we saw a kid put the entire offense on his back with minimal help and win this game. What more can you ask for, seriously?

• Upvote 1

He's killing it and it's killing you.  We are winning because of QF... It's awesome! :GoBulls:

I can disagree, USF sucking was killing me.  I will still be active on the boards, even if QF falls to pieces because he is getting zero practice throwing the ball.  The question my friend, is will you disappear again for three weeks when/if QF starts bringing the suck again?

Either way, I believe that our defense is good enough to keep us in games, which means we can when in spite of QF.  Do you have anymore QBR stats for us?   

He would have thrown it for over 200 and ran it for over 200 if his receivers made the easy catches. It's not about the stats, it's about how confident he's looking making reads and leading this team. He is becoming the true leader of this offense, he's showing confidence in his wide receivers who are dropping balls, which is fantastic to see, and he never really gets down on himself after a mistake. In the end who cares about his stats, we saw a kid put the entire offense on his back with minimal help and win this game. What more can you ask for, seriously?

I am ok with everything that you said.  In the end, I want to win.  The next three weeks will tell us a lot.  But we cannot play the if game.  Because it works both ways, if Mack was tackled on the flea flicker, if QFs interceptable balls were actually intercepted...it goes on and on.  We are what our record says we are and right now it is spot on with were most fans thought we would be at this point in the season. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I am ok with everything that you said.  In the end, I want to win.  The next three weeks will tell us a lot.  But we cannot play the if game.  Because it works both ways, if Mack was tackled on the flea flicker, if QFs interceptable balls were actually intercepted...it goes on and on.  We are what our record says we are and right now it is spot on with were most fans thought we would be at this point in the season. 

Even if you don't play the if game his stats were still really good and he carried the offense, but I agree that we all want to win no matter what.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Has he stopped growing yet?  

Growing has little to do with a dreadful throwing motion.  Those rarely get fixed at this stage of development.  It can happen, but it's pretty rare.