• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Honestly, if it wasn't for the drops, he probably would of had 240+ passing and 200+ yards rushing with a 65+ completion percentage... I would say best single game performance! 

Record is BJ's 463 yd game .... That would have been good enough for 3rd.  Most Yards Total Offense Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

I am not trying to compare him to anybody else but man it has been fun to watch. Since BJ went down 4 years ago it has been dismal watching USF football and now it is fun again. Thanks QF for making it fun again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

Our offense gainst NAVY will be a true test

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340

Yes, and it feels good to even consider a USF QB worthy of the comparison, doesn't it? 

The kid's good, and if he continues on this trajectory, he's going to force opposing coordinators to gameplan for him, rather than his own coordinators hope he doesn't kill your team's chances.

9/20, 100 passing yards against a bad defense. With mack out this would have been the time to see him throw the ball around.

As far as gameplan, I would still load the box and contain.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

9/20, 100 passing yards against a bad defense. With mack out this would have been the time to see him throw the ball around.

Just curious, did you watch the game ....?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

With 7 bad drops that took about 150yds and a TD off the board. Flowers wasn't the issue in the passing game Saturday. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

Just curious, did you watch the game ....?

When typing LOL is not just an expression.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Flowers is the best USF QB since Grothe. He's got an 'it factor' to him, and if he continues to develop, he could get a shot at playing on Sunday in his future.

Love the enthusiasm. Think QF can be a really good college QB. However, the NFL is not chomping at the bit for 5'11" QBs who run better than they throw.

Also, there was this guy that came after Grothe and he wasn't a shabby college QB either.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

With 7 bad drops that took about 150yds and a TD off the board. Flowers wasn't the issue in the passing game Saturday. 

Just shows how much he's putting into the game. He's more confident, more relaxed, and far more accurate than those first 2-3 games. He's looking more like a true dual threat every game, and that's sooooo good for USF.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118

As others have noted, there were numerous drops. Fact is: he moves around in the pocket and creates situations where he can get free to throw the ball if/when the pocket collapses. He also puts the ball where it needs to be. He makes me cringe once or twice, but what college QB doesn't?