• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We played and invested ourselves into conference usa 2.0. We need to make the best of that situation and hope we play ourselves into a better one.

Regarding USF president, UF, FIU, and UNF are also looking to fill the same position at their respective schools along with us. That can't be helping with regard to the pool of quality candidates the consultant is trying swim with.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

On 2/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, puc86 said:

In the short run a new stadium can create a temporary bump but winning is a more sustainable model for fixing attendance woes in the long run, plus it costs the same as losing 

Losing costs MORE than winning 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Sounds like the search is over

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

@MSBulls on this thread you we're alluding to having inside info on some possible ulterior motives for why Brooks was on the committee

https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/157278-presidential-search-committee-selected/#comments

Now that the search is all but over can you speak as to whether or not what you we're worried about came to fruition? 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Why the hate for the Mean Green.  They recently tore down their OCS and built a new nicer one across the street and they have a nice IPF too.  I hate our conference too but I hate the way our team has performed much more.  

I just randomly picked one of our new conference mates. No hate. Yet. Everyone including most high schools have an IPF and/or a stadium. Anyways I was more alluding to the dilution of the teams we play and along the lines of what El Toro was getting at. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, jchem1995 said:

I just randomly picked one of our new conference mates. No hate. Yet. Everyone including most high schools have an IPF and/or a stadium. Anyways I was more alluding to the dilution of the teams we play and along the lines of what El Toro was getting at. 

I know, not excited about them either and have never seen them live but they are an Uber away for me watching us on the road so with two conference teams within an Uber ride is ok with me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

18 hours ago, USFRaider said:

IMO attendance is going to get even worse in 2023 when the AAC becomes Conference USA 2.0 

The biggest effect on the attendance will be the every other year infestation by the ****heads. CUSA 2.0, AAC 1.0, I don't think there's that much difference to those still left. You either go to watch USF or you don't.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The biggest effect on the attendance will be the every other year infestation by the ****heads. CUSA 2.0, AAC 1.0, I don't think there's that much difference to those still left. You either go to watch USF or you don't.

You are right, the perception might not be that much different. If 20K show up to watch North Texas and Charlotte play, I will be surprised. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

When USF seriously contends for multiple conference championships and quits crapping the bed on those occasions that we're playing on national tv attendance will grow.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

When USF seriously contends for multiple conference championships and quits crapping the bed on those occasions that we're playing on national tv attendance will grow.

It will only grow when we are in a better conference. USF can go undefeated ten years in a row in Conference USA 2.0 and only the hardcores will care. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1