• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Absolutely spot on. We tend to look at the recruiting advantage which will be significant, but the community bond will be huge. Of course their are logistics to work out but the issues with Greeks more than likely disappears, alumni will be visiting the campus, more on campus activities, etc. I would not be surprised if the endowment for USF increases as well.

dog yes.jpg

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Then your opinion should be no 

Why?  I want it, if it turns out to be a bust then how does that negatively affect me?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why?  I want it, if it turns out to be a bust then how does that negatively affect me?

touche’, like mj likes to say on the internet f’ them kids (not the mj that meant that literally the basketball player)

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,161
  • Days Won:  56

As many of you have said, building the stadium has a wider impact than just butts in seats - it potentially impacts fundraising, admissions, community support, alumni engagement, etc. It needs to happen AND be done right.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

16 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

As many of you have said, building the stadium has a wider impact than just butts in seats - it potentially impacts fundraising, admissions, community support, alumni engagement, etc. It needs to happen AND be done right.

I think that the butts in seats, outside of the students, will be one of the least impacted things with an ocs ..... with those other things being a lot more affected hopefully. Although, not sure of the community support part.

33 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This is so true and sometimes harder to quantify but extremely important.  I have two daughters that are at big football schools.  One goes to most games and the other goes to one or two games a year.  However they go to 100 percent of the tailgates on campus prior to the game, wearing jerseys, cowboy boots etc… if the stadium was 11 miles away and a 35 minute drive they would attend fewer games and no tailgates unless they were attending a game.   The activity on campus would finally make it feel like a traditional college atmosphere if we had an OCS.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This is so true and sometimes harder to quantify but extremely important.  I have two daughters that are at big football schools.  One goes to most games and the other goes to one or two games a year.  However they go to 100 percent of the tailgates on campus prior to the game, wearing jerseys, cowboy boots etc… if the stadium was 11 miles away and a 35 minute drive they would attend fewer games and no tailgates unless they were attending a game.   The activity on campus would finally make it feel like a traditional college atmosphere if we had an OCS.

USF isn't a big football school.  Look, I hope to God the OCS does all the things that people expect/hope for.  But my gut tells me that USF is a different animal and that it won't make a lick of difference other than the students will be able to legally drink in public 6 times a year.

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

USF isn't a big football school.  Look, I hope to God the OCS does all the things that people expect/hope for.  But my gut tells me that USF is a different animal and that it won't make a lick of difference other than the students will be able to legally drink in public 6 times a year.

It's a uniquely, very different animal in terms of characteristics and history that I don't think any other college football program  in the country comes close to comparing to ....... but that doesn't mean an ocs won't make a big difference and I'm hoping but I'm like you in that I'm still not sure it will.

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I personally think it will revitalize the campus and help continue our quest away from being simply a city commuter school.  We have a ways to go but this is critical in my opinion.  What is the worst that can happen with doing it? It worked with c in that rusty ****house.

Edited by Triple B
Profanity that filter didn't catch
  • Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I personally think it will revitalize the campus and help continue our quest away from being simply a city commuter school.  We have a ways to go but this is critical in my opinion.  What is the worst that can happen with doing it?

This is true  ........ unless a university can go bankrupt.

It worked with c in that rusty ****house.

What got the Klowns where they are is taking a chance on a pasty white liar and then turning their heads when he killed a player ....... and I do fully understand that some here would be good with that for the results.