• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

She would have been a great hire about 15 years ago, but she's 72 years old.

This is the only negative I can see if this goes through. Maybe in the time she does serve, another qualified but younger alumnus can be sussed out to succeed her ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

She would have been a great hire about 15 years ago, but she's 72 years old. If she gets the job, you're going to have to do it all over again in three years.

If you can be 82 and be the US President there is no reason you can’t do the same at USF

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is the only negative I can see if this goes through. Maybe in the time she does serve, another qualified but younger alumnus can be sussed out to succeed her ....

Who would that actually be? We've got very few people with either a C-Suite position or an executive leadership position of some kind. 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If you can be 82 and be the US President there is no reason you can’t do the same at USF

I get your point, but I doubt she's working that long.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

One of her top goals is a Stadium,  if we are being told that the stadium target date is 2026 or 27,  that puts her at 76 or 77.  If she gets the stadium approved and construction started, she has cemented her legacy at USF and can either retire at 74 or 75, or stick around for the stadium to open.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is right on. You never know what you’re going to get with a new hire on this level (see the knucklehead we hired last time), but this will be as close as we get. I especially like that she already has the political connections as well. I think we’re going to need those with any infrastructure improvements in the coming years.

Yep. She is in place, local and knows exactly what USF needs and most importantly, she is one of us.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Me either, have you ever seen The Man That Shot Liberty Valance? Read Robert Frosts Nothing Gold Can Stay or had a vacation fling? For the first sometimes big things need to happen and the person that does those things often times can’t be the one that has to worry about the 20 year repercussions of those decisions. For the second and third the beauty and greatness of something’s are that they are fleeting and sometimes longer is just longer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

She would have been a great hire about 15 years ago, but she's 72 years old. If she gets the job, you're going to have to do it all over again in three years.

70 the new 20...just look at all the young useless folk around who cant get out of a game chair. Rhea could whip their asses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

True but that would still be an improvement over the last guy and this may be enough time to get the OCS process  going and in the works.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

True but that would still be an improvement over the last guy and this may be enough time to get the OCS process  going and in the works.

This. Let’s get the **** thing started under her leadership. Then she can retire. 

• Upvote 1