• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Some. But enough to justify a $200 million investment?

There is a reason why our new president is going to age out before having to worry about if that’s a problem 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Students won't pay $15 each way for an uber to a game when the team sucks. Students won't volunteer to be a DD and drive to a game when the team sucks.

With an on campus stadium there will be some huge student tailgates/parties around campus and just off campus that students can walk to. Even if the team sucks and they have no interest in football on campus gamedays will be a part of the college experience. The idea is some of these kids have so much fun it inspires a bit of school pride and they keep coming back as alumni. Thats what the 200 million dollar investment is for

Edited by bulloni
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Some. But enough to justify a $200 million investment?

In my opinion yes, but do I agree the younger generation would rather **** around on their phone then get rip roaring drunk and raise hell at a football game and to me that is sad.

Just now, Friscobull said:

In my opinion yes, but do I agree the younger generation would rather **** around on their phone then get rip roaring drunk and raise hell at a football game and to me that is sad.

Then your opinion should be no 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Most concerning is that the student section indicates that people are going their entire time with us having never even gone to a single game and will be unlikely to invest in the future. We are operating like a start up and courting investments but eventually those dry up and you need to actually produce something that many people want to buy because parties and repeating stories will only appease people for so long. Right now like I said we are staying afloat by being amicable but even pseudo friends get sick of being associated with a loser at some point.  

At what point do people stop repeating stories everyone is tired of?

Edited by JTrue

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

At what point do people stop repeating stories everyone is tired of?

Typically when people stop showing up to listen to them, personally I’ve never cared much about the audience so i would probably just tell them to the only person I’ve ever actually cared about 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Notice in the press conference that a coach from a school in SC indicated how the IPF is a “game changer.” If that’s the case, with President Law’s leadership, the OCS will create another bump. It’s about recruits and they want to see infrastructures relative to football. We will be having/building two of the most important in the coming years. Glad USF is going all in for football. Great days are ahead for USF football🤘🤘🤘

Edited by NewEnglandBull

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Notice in the press conference that a coach from a school in SC indicated how the IPF is a “game changer.” If that’s the case, with President Law’s leadership, the OCS will create another bump. It’s about recruits and they want to see infrastructures relative to football. We will be having/building two of the most important in the coming years. Glad USF is going all in for football. Great days are ahead for USF football🤘🤘🤘

People wanting to play football in better football facilities doesn’t naturally equate to people not wanting to watch football wanting to do so in not better facilities in different colors 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Students won't pay $15 each way for an uber to a game when the team sucks. Students won't volunteer to be a DD and drive to a game when the team sucks.

With an on campus stadium there will be some huge student tailgates/parties around campus and just off campus that students can walk to. Even if the team sucks and they have no interest in football on campus gamedays will be a part of the college experience. The idea is some of these kids have so much fun it inspires a bit of school pride and they keep coming back as alumni. Thats what the 200 million dollar investment is for

OCS does add a bond among the fans, students, alumni. If it is done right the pre-game festivities can create a USF community bond. Some of the away games we have been to, it's been pretty impressive watching their fans and the hoot they are having. You go by and wonder, will USF ever have anything like that especially, in my lifetime? The investment in the OCS is one that should give back to and strengthen the USF community for untold years to come. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

OCS does add a bond among the fans, students, alumni. If it is done right the pre-game festivities can create a USF community bond. Some of the away games we have been to, it's been pretty impressive watching their fans and the hoot they are having. You go by and wonder, will USF ever have anything like that especially, in my lifetime? The investment in the OCS is one that should give back to and strengthen the USF community for untold years to come. 

Absolutely spot on. We tend to look at the recruiting advantage which will be significant, but the community bond will be huge. Of course their are logistics to work out but the issues with Greeks more than likely disappears, alumni will be visiting the campus, more on campus activities, etc. I would not be surprised if the endowment for USF increases as well.