• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well, well, well…🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

This is very interesting.  I know she had said she had no interest in remaining in the role permanently.  For everything she's done on the interim basis, I'd say she's a clear lead candidate. 

I also like what she said in her application, per the article:

Law, a USF alumna who previously served on and chaired the university’s board of trustees, wrote in her application of her plans to stay on.

“The past few years at USF have been steeped in seemingly constant change,” she wrote. “From the pandemic and a wake of social recalibration to consolidation and new leadership, our community has endured an immense amount of challenge. Rather than slow us down, these changes have ushered in a new collective empathy and optimism. Now is the time for us to invest in our people, giving faculty, staff and students the tools they need to maximize success within this new paradigm.”

Edited by bull2saintleo

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

You don’t apply for a job that you are already doing if you don’t already have that job locked up. I will not look to stay is a setup for I didn’t want it anyway I was just filling in, I changed my mind would indicate the application field wasn’t quite as remarkable as we had hoped and she has feared losing out to. I am politely indifferent to the choice but it’s been a while and nothing horrible has happened, she knows the job and still wants it so that’s already an improvement over what’s his face:

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

Good for her

I wouldn't complain

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Maybe we have not been blown away by anyone applying and she was approached . . . imagine it will be for a short term, 5 year max. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

. . .I am politely indifferent to the choice but it’s been a while and nothing horrible has happened . . .

I guess that I am lost here

Rhea Law was appointed in Aug 2021 - since that time, haven’t you lamented multiple times about the state of USF Athletics, including CJS’ 2021 performance, extensions for CJS and CBG, extension for VPAMK, general lack of leadership/vision within athletics?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Will Turner has been hinting that the BOT wanted her to take the permanent job since October which is basically right when the search started. She must be pretty well aligned with what they want and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual if she's decided she wants the job after this trial period.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Collin was hinting at this in October as well

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

56 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I guess that I am lost here

Rhea Law was appointed in Aug 2021 - since that time, haven’t you lamented multiple times about the state of USF Athletics, including CJS’ 2021 performance, extensions for CJS and CBG, extension for VPAMK, general lack of leadership/vision within athletics?

Yes. Quite obviously that’s not an important part of our business model and we need a strong person in charge of that sector so it can grow to something that matters to the president, unfortunately we have a VPMK that while nice and popular continues to contract the business to something that will never need to be a focus.