• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, bulloni said:

Will Turner has been hinting that the BOT wanted her to take the permanent job since October which is basically right when the search started. She must be pretty well aligned with what they want and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual if she's decided she wants the job after this trial period.

She is quite an impressive person. Met her at the Athletic Hall of Fame dinner and she spent 15 minutes with us.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, puc86 said:

Yes. Quite obviously that’s not an important part of our business model and we need a strong person in charge of that sector so it can grow to something that matters to the president, unfortunately we have a VPMK that while nice and popular continues to contract the business to something that will never need to be a focus.

I think contributions are up, the IPF is started and there seems to be serious talk of an OCS.  I know I shouldn't engage with you but sometimes you make me scratch my bald head.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think contributions are up, the IPF is started and there seems to be serious talk of an OCS.  I know I shouldn't engage with you but sometimes you make me scratch my bald head.

The only time he makes any sense is when he's banging the win/loss record, which pretty much everyone agrees is unacceptable at this point in time. Everything else is pretty much gibberish, apparently borne from his boredom and addiction to keyboards.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Let’s go with the silly idea that there is a a right and wrong way to do something since we seem to believe that’s true with wins. If you are building the financial stability of the program it’s pretty important to expand the base as it reduces impact of any one person or people leaving. Our product is football games and basketball games and they are largely empty.

Most concerning is that the student section indicates that people are going their entire time with us having never even gone to a single game and will be unlikely to invest in the future. We are operating like a start up and courting investments but eventually those dry up and you need to actually produce something that many people want to buy because parties and repeating stories will only appease people for so long. Right now like I said we are staying afloat by being amicable but even pseudo friends get sick of being associated with a loser at some point.  

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

The only time he makes any sense is when he's banging the win/loss record, which pretty much everyone agrees is unacceptable at this point in time. Everything else is pretty much gibberish, apparently borne from his boredom and addiction to keyboards.

Well it’s the only thing I actually want to talk about but somebody who’s name starts with a T doesn’t appreciate consistency and calls it ugly things like redundancy.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Let’s go with the silly idea that there is a a right and wrong way to do something since we seem to believe that’s true with wins. If you are building the financial stability of the program it’s pretty important to expand the base as it reduces impact of any one person or people leaving. Our product is football games and basketball games and they are largely empty.

Most concerning is that the student section indicates that people are going their entire time with us having never even gone to a single game and will be unlikely to invest in the future. We are operating like a start up and courting investments but eventually those dry up and you need to actually produce something that many people want to buy because parties and repeating stories will only appease people for so long. Right now like I said we are staying afloat by being amicable but even pseudo friends get sick of being associated with a loser at some point.  

Kids today like to sit at home at play pong.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Kids today like to sit at home at play pong.

Well if there is nothing we can do about that we really shouldn’t be building an OCS just so people can see it once before they die

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well if there is nothing we can do about that we really shouldn’t be building an OCS just so people can see it once before they die

I don't disagree with you on that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't disagree with you on that.

The OCS would still generate some interest if our product wasn’t ass.  Build it and they will come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The OCS would still generate some interest if our product wasn’t ass.  Build it and they will come.

Some. But enough to justify a $200 million investment?