• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF interim president Rhea Law has applied to take the job permanently

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

It will only grow when we are in a better conference. USF can go undefeated ten years in a row in Conference USA 2.0 and only the hardcores will care. 

It will grow but I submit it will not be like the old BE days. College football has changed significantly and not for the better.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

her age doesnt matter as much as a shift towards athletics. If she can accomplish that it wont matter how many years she is here.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, USFRaider said:

It will only grow when we are in a better conference. USF can go undefeated ten years in a row in Conference USA 2.0 and only the hardcores will care. 

OK, we disagree. GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

bn9_usf_law_talley_03022022

Interviews taking place this week.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

19 minutes ago, E.T. said:
bn9_usf_law_talley_03022022

Interviews taking place this week.

Met with Rhea at the Hall of Fame dinner for about 15 minutes. She is smart, personable and all-in on USF. She'd get our vote if we had one.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Hope they make a decision ASAP!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's Law's gig to lose.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I noticed that Yale's Dean of Public Health wasn't considered a finalist. I don't know if that would have been the hire, but that should put paid to the notion that no one of significance wants the job. It might be best to keep that line open in case he's interested in the Provost role. I can't imagine Wilcox is going to be here much longer. 

As far as Rhea Law, I haven't been on campus much recently, but her conducting the band at a football game last year was really impactful to me. It shows that she cares a lot about the University and that the school is a giant passion project for her.  It helps that she saw pretty much all of what Judy Genshaft did over her time here and has the strong connections in Tampa and across Florida to really own this position. I also love that we can sell the "coming home" story. Get her a BayMade jersey, she's the OG of all that. 

Talley has amazing experience and he would likely be an impressive leader for us, but let's be real. He is also 62 and also wouldn't be here a long time. If he was 52 he would be a much better hire. I love that given USF's history with veterans, making a a hire with such impressive military leadership experience would be a strong tribute to that and we would probably become the destination school for veterans across the university. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I noticed that Yale's Dean of Public Health wasn't considered a finalist. I don't know if that would have been the hire, but that should put paid to the notion that no one of significance wants the job. It might be best to keep that line open in case he's interested in the Provost role. I can't imagine Wilcox is going to be here much longer. 

As far as Rhea Law, I haven't been on campus much recently, but her conducting the band at a football game last year was really impactful to me. It shows that she cares a lot about the University and that the school is a giant passion project for her.  It helps that she saw pretty much all of what Judy Genshaft did over her time here and has the strong connections in Tampa and across Florida to really own this position. I also love that we can sell the "coming home" story. Get her a BayMade jersey, she's the OG of all that. 

Talley has amazing experience and he would likely be an impressive leader for us, but let's be real. He is also 62 and also wouldn't be here a long time. If he was 52 he would be a much better hire. I love that given USF's history with veterans, making a a hire with such impressive military leadership experience would be a strong tribute to that and we would probably become the destination school for veterans across the university. 

Isn't Rhea older?  Most university presidents are only around 4 or 5 years. Judy was an outlier.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Talley had to spend his entire military career in a classroom. 
Talley holds a Ph.D. (Civil and Environmental Engineering) from Carnegie Mellon University, an Executive M.B.A. from the University of Oxford, an M.S.E. (Environmental Engineering and Science) from The Johns Hopkins University, an M.L.A. (Liberal Arts – History/Philosophy) from Washington University in St. Louis, an M.S.S. (Strategic Studies) from the U.S. Army War College, an M.A. (Religious Studies) from Assumption College, and a B.S. (Forestry - Natural Resource Management) from Louisiana State University. He is a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.), a Board-Certified Environmental Engineer (BCEE) in Sustainability, and a Diplomate, Water Resources Engineer (D.WRE).