• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I'm loving watching the malcontents' heads collectively explode over this. I wish CJS all the success in the world and hope that we are all touting what a great move this was in 2 years time. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I expect a homerun hire for OC.  

Urban Meyer? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

Urban Meyer? 

Dave Chappelle Omg GIF

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

24 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm loving watching the malcontents' heads collectively explode over this. I wish CJS all the success in the world and hope that we are all touting what a great move this was in 2 years time. 

We ALL want our school to be successful. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, monktified said:

There is no path to guaranteed success! Period!  We might as well keep some continuity and see how this season plays out.  Those of you that are quick to take a dump on Gregory, how quickly you must forget or simply just don't know.  Here is a list of our coaches in the last 32 Seasons and we have not had a lot of sustained success.  You are already starting to see differences in player rotations and the players are still trying to figure it out in game situations.  Is it frustrating that out of 329 college Division I programs we can't ever seem to find pure shooters? Absolutely!  We have all seen highlight tape of these guys from high school or other programs, and it has not all translated onto the court yet.  Greggory may not be the most offensive minded coach, but at the end of the day its basketball, and our players need to execute and need to compete.  You see it on the defensive side of the ball, it's on the offensive side where they lack continuity and confidence.  We really have not had any really truly great shooters since Dobras, Sharp, Atkins, Jackson, Kohn, D. Jones. Those are some of the best shooters that come to mind immediately.   Caleb Murphy needs to become an alpha and start taking over offensively he is by far at times the best player on the court and his pull jumper he can get almost at will.  Firing Gregory doesn't solve anything just leaves us with the same problem that there hasn't been a solution for a very long time.  Of the limited success that we have had, it still came down to the players.  Paschal had a core very high IQ players, Greenberg had some of the best overall talent we have ever had, however under performed,  Stan Heath got us further with less than any coach I can remember, and OA/Bartow was a dumpster fire.  

Brian Gregory 2017-Pres 57-66 0 0 0
Murry Bartow (int.) 2017 1-16 0 0 0
Orlando Antigua 2014-17 17-48 0 0 0
Stan Heath 2007-14 97-130 0 1 0
Robert McCullum 2003-07 40-76 0 0 0
Seth Greenberg 1996-2003 108-100 1 0 0
Bobby Paschal 1986-96 127-159 0 2

This was incredibly informative and while you make excellent points, he has not shown he is a good enough offensive minded coach.  We don’t get enough good looks, we never have.  I realize this is once again a brand new team but they cannot formulate an offense (talent, scheme, whatever) to ever get decent looks which leads to our scoring droughts.  I never really see progression in development, nobody ever gets any better unless they transfer out.  Looking at these records it explains why I have been so negative on this program, it is because we suck again and again and again. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

2022 is year 3 and we got 1 fbs in two years and zero road wins. How that equals a raise and extension is baffling.

What raise?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I expect a homerun hire for OC.  

I expect Brad to dust off some of those Gamecock playbooks and take the reigns as OC

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

51 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

If someone would have asked you a year ago, "What do you think comes first.....Jeff Scott's first road win, or Jeff Scott's first contract extension?" , what would your answer have been?  🤣

Thank god we have moved on from first FBS win. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Stopped me if you've heard this one before, but we've agreed to an extension to a coach with a mediocre winning record. What could possibly go wrong?

Mediocre would be an improvement over what he has shown over his 1st two years.