• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think your third point is most telling. I am hearing that he is humping it relative to fundraising for facilities and has been the catalyst for the stadium push. We shall see. 

We shall see, indeed.  CJS knows he has to put up or shut up. What the extension suggests to me is that 2022 is not "make or break" for him just yet. He will have 2 more seasons no matter what at this point. Given what he inherited and was up against with the pandemic, I personally think that is fair. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, obviously, but to be completely hung up on his W-L record ignores a myriad of other reasons why a contract extension might be offered. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

We shall see, indeed.  CJS knows he has to put up or shut up. What the extension suggests to me is that 2022 is not "make or break" for him just yet. He will have 2 more seasons no matter what at this point. Given what he inherited and was up against with the pandemic, I personally think that is fair. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, obviously, but to be completely hung up on his W-L record ignores a myriad of other reasons why a contract extension might be offered. 

I am not as concerned about the CJS extension (although I do not completely agree with it), the extension to Gregory however is an abomination.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am not as concerned about the CJS extension (although I do not completely agree with it), the extension to Gregory however is an abomination.

I would tend to agree with that. Gregory wasn't impacted by the effects of the pandemic the same way that CJS was. His teams have shown digression, not progress. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt through this season, but it has been an abject failure. His inability to identify talent that will work together cohesively is a real issue. I could live with boring, wins, but I can't stomach watching boring losses. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, smazza said:

i am not surprised because scott has great potential

signing every other coach to extensions is odd

I think USF must have gotten some money lined up, so they decided to take care of their people.

Almost all of the other coaches outside of football and men's BB have been successful.  All of them deserve extensions because of the performance of their teams.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

gregory must be kicking back money to kelly

• Haha 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, PingBull said:

u guys are strange.  i've been a part of this board since 2004, albeit not much of a poster.  my thoughts no longer align with most of the board, heck Twitter has better sense than most of u.  wild stuff here!

As you know, the cynics are the loudest and most repetitive.  I can agree with the "no longer align", but come on man, twitter?  :roflmao:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

3-18 should never be rewarded with more guaranteed money .

Have you seen the new contract?  Do you really think it is a reward?  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30

Dang...Were y'all that mad at CCS that you would fire him and sign a guy with a 3-18 record after 2 years, to an extension of an already 5 year contract? I hope FAMU was taken off the schedule. If loses to an HBCU this fan base will come unhinged and CJS will keep laughing all the way to the bank. This may be a record of all time stupidity in an Athletic Department. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This makes me feel better 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30

The play is that the Bulls really want Napier. So this programs hopes he gets canned after year four and will fire CJS and get in a coach who want to rebuild his reputation after he falls short in Gainesville!!!  Sounds good to me!!!