• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Stability, faith, vision, long range planning.

Think about this -  Amazon didn't turn a profit for 10 years although the company was growing.

USF football is growing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I certainly want to see CJS succeed at USF, I can't take too many more of these coaching re-starts.  But take off the green & gold glasses and you got to ask yourself how does this make sense?  Rewarding dismal on-field performance, it's like giving someone a diploma for a F average, but Hey he brought his average up from a 40 to a 41; it's still an F.    Should have waited until the on-field results warranted a contract extension, especially with 3 years remaining on his contract.  Ask someone that is knowledgeable w/collegiate sports but is not a USF fan and I bet they would say something similar (after they are done laughing at our program).  Afterall, I don't think we have to worry about a coach with a 3-18 record being in high demand and getting lured away.  CJS should be  concerned about his future w/ USF where year 3 results must be much improved, instead he is being rewarded for failing.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

So we can enjoy more losing ? Brad failed as a hc.

He did however, succeed as a coordinator. Some just dont make it as a HC even though they did well as a coordinator. Lets hope our boy CJS succeeds as HC. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

32 minutes ago, Cornada said:

I certainly want to see CJS succeed at USF, I can't take too many more of these coaching re-starts.  But take off the green & gold glasses and you got to ask yourself how does this make sense?  Rewarding dismal on-field performance, it's like giving someone a diploma for a F average, but Hey he brought his average up from a 40 to a 41; it's still an F.    Should have waited until the on-field results warranted a contract extension, especially with 3 years remaining on his contract.  Ask someone that is knowledgeable w/collegiate sports but is not a USF fan and I bet they would say something similar (after they are done laughing at our program).  Afterall, I don't think we have to worry about a coach with a 3-18 record being in high demand and getting lured away.  CJS should be  concerned about his future w/ USF where year 3 results must be much improved, instead he is being rewarded for failing.

We just had an, as some people think, horrible OC promoted to an SEC job. Why?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Stopped me if you've heard this one before, but we've agreed to an extension to a coach with a mediocre winning record. What could possibly go wrong?

i am not surprised because scott has great potential

signing every other coach to extensions is odd

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, PingBull said:

u guys are strange.  i've been a part of this board since 2004, albeit not much of a poster.  my thoughts no longer align with most of the board, heck Twitter has better sense than most of u.  wild stuff here!

Well instead of complaining why don’t you take one minute and share your thoughts into why the man deserves a three year extension? And last I checked  even the media are saying this is very strange. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We just had an, as some people think, horrible OC promoted to an SEC job. Why?

Sterling Gilbert got promoted to head coach at a lower level, then got a job as an OC coordinator at a P5.

Doesn't mean he's good.

Our former OC I'm ambivalent about but he had success with Lane Kiffen at FAU.  Makes sense for Lane to want him back.

5 minutes ago, smazza said:

signing every other coach to extensions is odd

Are you not a fan of the Sam's Club/Costco approach?  Maybe we got a discount for buying in bulk.

1 hour ago, Cornada said:

this is insurance

obviously the ad has more faith in coach scott than you

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well instead of complaining why don’t you take one minute and share your thoughts into why the man deserves a three year extension? And last I checked  even the media are saying this is very strange. 

my thoughts

the ad is showing he backs his man

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

I'm expecting a massive jump in recruiting next year for Scott after this and the IPF.