• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s very simple no decent OC is going to come here if a coach does not have three year window. The same is true for recruits after this year. I have supported CSJ through next year but looks like we all need to get on board for the next two at least. In terms of Gregory, terrible f’n decision but what done is done. 

I feel the same way.  I understand the logic with Scott but Gregory is not a Kelly hire and has been putrid save for the CBI year.  I don’t think I can watch this team score 58 points a game and shoot 50% from the FT line for 2 more years.

I pity the person trying to sell MBB season tickets next year.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Now... 2022 is year 1. Forget the past two years.

Only if Jeffy returns his salary from the past two years 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

56 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Imagine failing at your job for two years straight, missing every objective your bosses set out for you, then being rewarded with a raise and an extension 

Where did you see the list of objectives that he missed -- or are you assuming the fans are the "bosses"?... And nothing indicates a raise came with the extension.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

This better be good..........

bull cigar.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,268
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Told y'all it would happen...

Now... 2022 is year 1. Forget the past two years.

2022 is year 3 and we got 1 fbs in two years and zero road wins. How that equals a raise and extension is baffling.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

USF keeps on USFing all over themselves.  Horrible decisions. Both coaches should be ashamed even accepting extensions.  All about money and not accountability. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Scott would have gotten an extension even if Weiss didnt leave. 

This looks bad..dont like it.

If we had maybe won 3 or 4 games I could get behind it. 

Gregory getting and extension is beyond ridiculous. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

There is no path to guaranteed success! Period!  We might as well keep some continuity and see how this season plays out.  Those of you that are quick to take a dump on Gregory, how quickly you must forget or simply just don't know.  Here is a list of our coaches in the last 32 Seasons and we have not had a lot of sustained success.  You are already starting to see differences in player rotations and the players are still trying to figure it out in game situations.  Is it frustrating that out of 329 college Division I programs we can't ever seem to find pure shooters? Absolutely!  We have all seen highlight tape of these guys from high school or other programs, and it has not all translated onto the court yet.  Greggory may not be the most offensive minded coach, but at the end of the day its basketball, and our players need to execute and need to compete.  You see it on the defensive side of the ball, it's on the offensive side where they lack continuity and confidence.  We really have not had any really truly great shooters since Dobras, Sharp, Atkins, Jackson, Kohn, D. Jones. Those are some of the best shooters that come to mind immediately.   Caleb Murphy needs to become an alpha and start taking over offensively he is by far at times the best player on the court and his pull jumper he can get almost at will.  Firing Gregory doesn't solve anything just leaves us with the same problem that there hasn't been a solution for a very long time.  Of the limited success that we have had, it still came down to the players.  Paschal had a core very high IQ players, Greenberg had some of the best overall talent we have ever had, however under performed,  Stan Heath got us further with less than any coach I can remember, and OA/Bartow was a dumpster fire.  

Brian Gregory 2017-Pres 57-66 0 0 0
Murry Bartow (int.) 2017 1-16 0 0 0
Orlando Antigua 2014-17 17-48 0 0 0
Stan Heath 2007-14 97-130 0 1 0
Robert McCullum 2003-07 40-76 0 0 0
Seth Greenberg 1996-2003 108-100 1 0 0
Bobby Paschal 1986-96 127-159 0 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

14 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

3 - 18 with 1 FBS win in two years. We are the only FBS school in the country that would hand out a multi year extension for those results. It may turn out to be a good decision, but seems totally unnecessary and a silly risk to take. USF athletics always finds a way to do things ass backwards.

If someone would have asked you a year ago, "What do you think comes first.....Jeff Scott's first road win, or Jeff Scott's first contract extension?" , what would your answer have been?  🤣

• Haha 2