• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t know that I have always found him stupid

We do know. When he didn’t rehire CJL when he had the chance, he was dead man walking to you. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We do know. When he didn’t rehire CJL when he had the chance, he was dead man walking to you. 

I would have taken any excitement building or winning coach, we needed a home run but we got a CJS and never ending excuses about how he can’t be expected to do as well as CCS no matter how many years removed from him we become. But my issue with all of these extensions isn’t even just the idiocy of extending the worst coach in all of college football that is near the top of every hot seat index and would not have been extended by any other VP of athletics on the planet it’s that there wasn’t a single person on staff he didn’t think deserved a trophy and a juice box almost as if he isn’t even keeping score…. And the results show it.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but CJS has only beaten one FBS team in the last two years! And get this, VPMK extended his contract!!!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but CJS has only beaten one FBS team in the last two years! And get this, VPMK extended his contract!!!

Who? 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Also get this....the guy that hired him and the bball coach got an extension....its almost like it's a sheet show from the top down.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

the lack of an ipf probably contributed somewhat...... although CJL and CWT seemed to overcome that obstacle, to a degree. 

Those were good coaches and they had (each at some point) the advantage of being in an auto qualifying BCS league...unlike some of our (then lower) Florida peers.  But we lost that singular advantage shortly into Tags' tenure, and were left competing with everyone else who *had* upgraded their programs.

5 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Keep in mind that the Sun Dome is a multi-use University facility that supports 3 varsity sports teams, commencement, concerts/other traveling entertainment, summer sports camps as well as other university functions 

I understand but the Sun Dome was already there.  I graduated there, attended career fairs there and even saw comedy acts there...all before the renovation.  Unless the Yeungling Center naming rights and extra events (that would not otherwise have come pre-reno) are bringing in millions per year (as a better football tv deal could), then it's not maximizing your return.  Not the way  investing in an entirely new set of football buildings could have.  

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just talking The Muma versus an IPF at that point in time is lot closer argument. 

The article I read said 70 million in facilities upgrades occurred on Woolard's watch, but 36 million was singled out as *just* for the Sun Dome.  The Muma center still gets done in my hypothetical scenario of just touching the Sun Dome money.