• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, JonesyBucs said:

I think we need another year to determine this (I know always next year).  But in this case considering Covid and all the other factors of complete rebuilds.  This next year will tell us a lot, on both sides FBall and BBall.

Cool your jets Boys, we got a lot of good things happening with the people in charge seeming to be all in from what I can tell.

We do NEED more fan contributions and support overall though for it to come to fruition.

Everyone had to deal with Covid, no one navigated it worse. Even the examples of new coaches that didn’t succeed (there are many that did better than the fired person) didn’t take their programs as far back as CJS. Also amazingly enough the DC in the exact same adversity, hired by and reporting to CJS was clearly dealing with a different Covid situation because somehow amazingly enough he was determined to be failing. 

Everyone was ready to cool their jets, but vpmk prematurely blew his load of extensions all over the fans faces because he too is an incompetent party planner that is appropriating athletic department culture when he really only likes playing dress up as the head of athletics and going to parties. 

If you think it takes 7 years to turn something that has almost complete turn every four years, you are the problem. This is the third year this is when if you aren’t beating the record of the reason you are here you probably aren’t ever going to actually win. CJS already had 5 years to do that and had 3 more left to try, extending him two more years when he has 1 FBS win in two years is a slap in the face to the fanbase.

Some people say CJS may have been meeting other marks that led to the extension. If we have any other objective than for the head football coach to win football games that’s the ******* problem and why the athletics department must be burned to the ground sparing no man women or child that exists within it so that it may rise again from the ashes as a beautiful and competent Phoenix. 

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Then he should be paying us for his on the job training that if he ever actually learns anything (his face and speech say that’s very unlikely) he will then use to get a different job making more money. He is getting paid handsomely which should come with an actual expectation of competence.

That's where are at - we have to take agressive chances at times in the hopes of it paying off big. Retreads have a known ceiling.

Sometimes that means getting it wrong, but I think irs too early to write the obituary just yet. I expect 4 wins this season, and will hope for more.

7 minutes ago, SantaBull said:

That's where are at - we have to take agressive chances at times in the hopes of it paying off big. Retreads have a known ceiling.

Sometimes that means getting it wrong, but I think irs too early to write the obituary just yet. I expect 4 wins this season, and will hope for more.

There used to be a time where 4 wins in year third year was enough to get you fired now we hope a coach can miracle himself to that to justify an unconscionable decision 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There used to be a time where 4 wins in year third year was enough to get you fired now we hope a coach can miracle himself to that to justify an unconscionable decision 

You are living in the past man. This isn't 2008.

Just now, SantaBull said:

I’m talking about 2019

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

55 minutes ago, SantaBull said:

4 wins still gets coaches fired!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, SantaBull said:

You are living in the past man.

The past is awesome!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Puc, there are a lot of people who don't understand giving CJS an extension, but you're a little late to the ***** fest (bout 3 weeks).  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, Cornada said:

Hey Puc, there are a lot of people who don't understand giving CJS an extension, but you're a little late to the ***** fest (bout 3 weeks).  

Absolutely, on its face it is completely inexplicable and most of us can only shake our heads in disbelief.  However it is done and you can’t  put the poop back into the horse and we are simply tired of talking about it.  I will not try to defend the decision but tired of bashing it as well.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Absolutely, on its face it is completely inexplicable and most of us can only shake our heads in disbelief.  However it is done and you can’t  put the poop back into the horse and we are simply tired of talking about it.  I will not try to defend the decision but tired of bashing it as well.

Exactly.