• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott signed to an extension

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You may not agree with it but it's not baffling because he explained why he did it ....

Guess I haven't watched or heard the reasons. But I was wondering today while at the WBB game whether Weatherford and some of the Board were consulted on this. They and the president did extend MK's contract at the same time. Is this part of a grand scheme to go along with an announcement of the OCS?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Whether Scott pulls it off or not....this will be a fun thread to come back to in a couple of seasons.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Whether Scott pulls it off or not....this will be a fun thread to come back to in a couple of seasons.

We will be on page 2,501 by then :)

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

You may not agree with it but it's not baffling because he explained why he did it ....

I think that’s baffling part, his reasoning is dumb. No other ad on the entire earth had a similar idea because it is a stupid idea that only a stupid person would have and when you have a gfi that no one else follows it’s a sign you are dumb and not long for this world.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think that’s baffling part, his reasoning is dumb. No other ad on the entire earth had a similar idea because it is a stupid idea that only a stupid person would have and when you have a gfi that no one else follows it’s a sign you are dumb and not long for this world.

This kind of reminds me of George Constanza doing the opposite.  He landed a hot chick, dream job etc… by doing the exact opposite of what his instincts told him. Maybe Mike was sitting around watching reruns and he had the epiphany that every thought and instinct he had prior was wrong making the opposite correct.  It is actually a ballsy move that makes absolutely no sense, so it must be the right one. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, puc86 said:

Everyone had to deal with Covid, no one navigated it worse. Even the examples of new coaches that didn’t succeed (there are many that did better than the fired person) didn’t take their programs as far back as CJS. Also amazingly enough the DC in the exact same adversity, hired by and reporting to CJS was clearly dealing with a different Covid situation because somehow amazingly enough he was determined to be failing. 

Everyone was ready to cool their jets, but vpmk prematurely blew his load of extensions all over the fans faces because he too is an incompetent party planner that is appropriating athletic department culture when he really only likes playing dress up as the head of athletics and going to parties. 

If you think it takes 7 years to turn something that has almost complete turn every four years, you are the problem. This is the third year this is when if you aren’t beating the record of the reason you are here you probably aren’t ever going to actually win. CJS already had 5 years to do that and had 3 more left to try, extending him two more years when he has 1 FBS win in two years is a slap in the face to the fanbase.

Some people say CJS may have been meeting other marks that led to the extension. If we have any other objective than for the head football coach to win football games that’s the ******* problem and why the athletics department must be burned to the ground sparing no man women or child that exists within it so that it may rise again from the ashes as a beautiful and competent Phoenix. 

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

I agree with you on the extensions.  Making that type of commitment with what we have seen at this point is HIGHLY RISKY to say the least.  Didn't that come back to bite us with Skippy Baby.

But Skippy is not on VKMP's head, but now he is totally married and having a baby with CJS.  So if it doesn't work out, not only will it be an ugly divorce, the kids (i.e. Fanbase) will the ones to suffer, as is always the case in a Divorce.

Let's hope to God that he got this right.  I like what I see with the talent being brought in this year through the Portal mostly.  I'm still willing to give CJS another year to prove himself, but like you I disagree with the extension.  IF things go South this year.  We are F'd!!

I'm sorry I don't remember if Skippy got an extension or not, but who I really was referring to was Charlie Strong.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, JonesyBucs said:

I'm sorry I don't remember if Skippy got an extension or not, but who I really was referring to was Charlie Strong.

Yes he got an extension. Traditionally USF hands out extensions like candy. 

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes he got an extension. Traditionally USF hands out extensions like candy. 

That's what worries me.  It hasn't worked out very well for us historically, has it?

Unlike most, I still feel pretty good about CJS.  He was brought into the worse conditions with the team talent being depleted, restrictions with Covid, etc.  BUT this year is shiiite or get off the **** pot......Time to start producing now.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Yes, worst extension in the history of USF sports history.  I don't even know our whole history and I am confident in writing this statement 

If you count Athletic Directors, Doug Woolard's extension is easily the worst.  He completely failed to build the football program when it mattered most.

We're sitting here arguing about a 3-18 extension, for a coach in the AAC, because Woolard got an extension that made him

"the fourth-highest paid athletic director out of the Big East's eight football schools."

and instead of getting us an IPF, a stadium or positioned for the collapse of the Big East...he gave us this:

"on the same day (as Woolard's extension) he signed an extension for football coach Skip Holtz".

Which my god, in hindsight extending a coach who beat Notre Dame and Clemson and won CUSA championships/coach of year accolades seems *genius* compared to what we did a few weeks ago.

At least this time though our AD recognizes the need for facilities.  So that's what you have to focus on to feel better...

Edited by Ghostbuster