• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

Based on the trajectory of the CJS coaching tenure  1win and the rest losses. Prove me wrong CJS and Bulls.  Zero FBS wins.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

spacer.png
this represents the board pretty lately 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, michibull said:

I didn’t watch the game yesterday; but if our QB is not selling out for first downs, he does not have the toughness or attitude to lead this team. That would be a reflection of not only the player but the coaching staff as well (which is maybe an indication of why our defense is soft as well). I cannot see a situation where Grothe, BJ or QF would not put their head down to get it done. We have never been the most talented teams, we have not had the best coaches, but with QB’s like Grothe, BJ and QF, and “go get ‘em” coaches like CJL and CWT, they had a fight and edge to them that won games we shouldn’t have. You don’t see that at all with USF football teams of late; there is no killer instinct, it is a sterile, bland, passionless type of playing style. That’s why no one cares about them and why we are losing the few fans we have. 

You can not compare a sample size of 4 games of what Timmy has put on tape and compare him to those 3 individuals it is simply unfair. QBs actually should not be selling out and putting their head down. I understand that you want some swag or toghness from your QB, there are other ways to show that. He needs to protect himself. Look at the talent that was around Matt Grothe not only on offense but defense as well. BJ Daniel's was an NFL QB, he also had talent around him. Finally Q, had 2 NFL rbs, 2 NFL WRs. Coaching will not Trump talent. Those fans that are leaving are the only thing soft with our program. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, monktified said:

You can not compare a sample size of 4 games of what Timmy has put on tape and compare him to those 3 individuals it is simply unfair. QBs actually should not be selling out and putting their head down. I understand that you want some swag or toghness from your QB, there are other ways to show that. He needs to protect himself. Look at the talent that was around Matt Grothe not only on offense but defense as well. BJ Daniel's was an NFL QB, he also had talent around him. Finally Q, had 2 NFL rbs, 2 NFL WRs. Coaching will not Trump talent. Those fans that are leaving are the only thing soft with our program. 

boom GIF

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, monktified said:

Those fans that are leaving are the only thing soft with our program

Or smart? I don’t want to hear about “soft” fans. I’ve been a Detroit Lions fan my whole life and I’ve been a South Florida fan since 2003. I cringe at the thought of how much money I have spent on these teams, how much time I’ve spent reading, talking, and watching these teams. They have shown over the years that they don’t care about us or winning. Sports are entertainment, and that’s it. It literally does not improve my life with the exception of the momentary joy of a win (which has been greatly out numbered by anger and frustration with so much losing). I will not stop supporting my alma mater, but let’s be honest. I’m spending more time with my family on weekends these days, and I’m better off for it. When USF shows that it cares as much as I do, I’ll watch more, but they have used up all of my blind “loyalty” and I’m not drinking the kool-aid anymore. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

There is no Kool-Aid, no one forcing us to buy in.  As a fan you are allowed to spend what you are willing to and with the understanding that it buys you nothing.  Of course everything is great when your winning.  It sucks when your losing, but as a fan it is those brief windows when your team turns the corner that make it worth it.  

• ???? 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Based on the trajectory of the CJS coaching tenure  1win and the rest losses. Prove me wrong CJS and Bulls.  Zero FBS wins.

Well you would have to wait until the season ends for an actual trajectory.  You aren't looking at two complete samples to compare.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

If the covid year was cancelled and this was Jeff Scott's true year 1 how would we be feeling about him right now?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

13 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

spacer.png
this represents the board pretty lately 

image.png.06c897891b0c616f537e7693a612f5e3.png

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

If the covid year was cancelled and this was Jeff Scott's true year 1 how would we be feeling about him right now?

It wasn't

• Upvote 1