• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CSH is indecisive because he is not confident which comes from his lack of experience and perpetual failure, I don’t think it’s that he can’t evaluate people I think it’s that he can’t make a decision which is evident in all aspects of his reign. Plus he is soft which is also perpetuated on this team. Teams take on the personalities of their coaches and our team looks soft, indecisive, confused and weak because that’s what our coach looks like.

Why are we talking about skip holtz?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Brad said:

CSH twice now. Are you cutting and pasting from your comments in the Holtz New Era era?

I’ve merged them into the same person that they are kind of like in the lord of the flies when Sam and Eric become Samneric as the society they created collapses into chaos.

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

Why are we talking about skip holtz?

Because he is our coach again

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

CSH twice now. Are you cutting and pasting from your comments in the Holtz New Era era?

Seems like it.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I’ve merged them into the same person that they are kind of like in the lord of the flies when Sam and Eric become Samneric as the society they created collapses into chaos.

Because he is our coach again

Well at least this guy knows he needs to find a QB.

This is in no way a skip holtz failure. The guy actually understands he needs a QB by the way he brought. Don't be a moron.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

For everyone who thinks we are entitled to winning more by simply replacing coaches every 2 years, let's check some numbers.

Since 2010 USF has had

- 5 winning seasons

- 4 head coaches

- 3 bowl game wins

- 2 failed conference realignments

- 1 completed, news worthy football facility improvement (a locker renno)

- 0 conference championships

And a 64-74 record.

A single coaching hire is not going to drastically change our course over the *next* 11 years.  So please stop directing your wrath from our lost decade onto a new coach, just because he's not beating teams ranked in the top 25 in his first full non-covid-reduced season.

The entire program is in building mode (yes building, not rebuilding) to make up for the lack of investment by President, AD, coaches, etc.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

For everyone who thinks we are entitled to winning more by simply replacing coaches every 2 years, let's check some numbers.

Since 2010 USF has had

- 5 winning seasons

- 4 head coaches

- 3 bowl game wins

And a 64-74 record.

A single coaching hire is not going to drastically change our course over the *next* 11 years.  So please stop directing your wrath from our lost decade onto a new coach, just because he's not beating teams ranked in the top 25 in his first full non-covid-reduced season.

The entire program is in building mode (yes building, not rebuilding) to make up for the lack of investment by President, AD, coaches, etc.

I don’t think anyones of the opinion that we need more flux I think most people that are fed up are of the mind that we should have had one coach that entire time and things would have been entirely different 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Since 2010 USF has had

- 5 winning seasons

- 4 head coaches

- 3 bowl game wins

And a 64-74 record.

Hall of Fame post right there…well done! 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think anyones of the opinion that we need more flux I think most people that are fed up are of the mind that we should have had one coach that entire time and things would have been entirely different 

Hard disagree.  I'm seeing posts on here saying our AD may have to make a tough decision at the end of this year.  I'm also seeing people mad at Coach Fernandez for defending Scott and preaching patience.  They're not saying 'boy I wish we had kept Leavitt'.

And look, I legitimately was reminded of things by your post about Scott (staying with Clemson after accepting job, QB carousel last year, etc) that I didn't like either.  But until there's a larger sample size I can't say whether those were just isolated things or indications of future problems.  I mean, this year he appears to have settled on just McClain, so the rotation last year may have just been "Eff it, this season looks like a joke (narrator: it was) so let's try out everyone".

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  47

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Am I the ad or the coach? If I’m the ad I hired CJL or CWT. If I’m the coach I get on campus immediately and drop Clemson like a bad habit, I go all in trying to get the QB that transferred that season to come with me. I hire experienced coaches away from programs to be my coordinators and do not pick up both unemployed coordinators from FAU. I immediately start addressing the defensive side in recruiting and in the portal. I find a mentor that isn’t my failed father. I keep Ford and figure out how to utilize him as CWT somehow managed to do. I decide on a qb in camp and do not continually disrupt continuity. I find someone on the team that can disrupt the qb even if it’s a scrawny center there is someone on this team that can get into the backfield. How many things exactly would you like to know that I would do differently? I embrace all former players and try to get them involved. I don’t fire Auggie in a group setting. I don’t say stupid things like I don’t want transfers and we will pull scholarships from people that continue their recruiting process. I say things like the only culture I care about instilling is winning. I can go on all day because there really isn’t a single thing I can think of that I would do the way CSH does.

1.Bingo! Dropping Clemson is as exactly what he should have done. 2 , build his team from the inside out ( along the line and front seven on defense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Hard disagree.  I'm seeing posts on here saying our AD may have to make a tough decision at the end of this year.  I'm also seeing people mad at Coach Fernandez for defending Scott and preaching patience.  They're not saying 'boy I wish we had kept Leavitt'.

And look, I legitimately was reminded of things by your post about Scott (staying with Clemson after accepting job, QB carousel last year, etc) that I didn't like either.  But until there's a larger sample size I can't say whether those were just isolated things or indications of future problems.  I mean, this year he appears to have settled on just McClain, so the rotation last year may have just been "Eff it, this season looks like a joke (narrator: it was) so let's try out everyone".

You're fighting a losing battle here. You're battling the mentality of if CJL hadn't been fired, we'd be in a P5 or at the very least, rolling in conference championships because the AAC  is so inferior to the BE and nothing you can say will shake that belief.