• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, michibull said:

I didn’t watch the game yesterday; but if our QB is not selling out for first downs, he does not have the toughness or attitude to lead this team. That would be a reflection of not only the player but the coaching staff as well (which is maybe an indication of why our defense is soft as well). I cannot see a situation where Grothe, BJ or QF would not put their head down to get it done. We have never been the most talented teams, we have not had the best coaches, but with QB’s like Grothe, BJ and QF, and “go get ‘em” coaches like CJL and CWT, they had a fight and edge to them that won games we shouldn’t have. You don’t see that at all with USF football teams of late; there is no killer instinct, it is a sterile, bland, passionless type of playing style. That’s why no one cares about them and why we are losing the few fans we have. 

It looks to me that he did not see where the first down marker wise. The couch is pointed this out right after the play and he nodded. There have been a few times this season where Timmy has taken the extra effort for the extra yard. I don’t see this as an issue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

No one knows at this point how this ends, but I think we’d all take in a little perspective about the damage done to this program and bake that into our expectations.

Welcome to the board. You have the same name as our founder ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm not sure what puc does can be called trolling, it's more sophisticated than that ........ and I like your moxie in starting this thread. Your 10,7,4 notation is brilliant. CCS was on pace for a 1 win season ...

So the best argument anyone can come up with is that he is exactly as good at CCS? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Pretty much, he’s about as good as any unproven new head coach at a bad football school fresh off the china virus, yes.  Charlie didn’t have all that, however.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

So the best argument anyone can come up with is that he is exactly as good at CCS? 

What would you do differently?

9 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

What would you do differently?

Am I the ad or the coach? If I’m the ad I hired CJL or CWT. If I’m the coach I get on campus immediately and drop Clemson like a bad habit, I go all in trying to get the QB that transferred that season to come with me. I hire experienced coaches away from programs to be my coordinators and do not pick up both unemployed coordinators from FAU. I immediately start addressing the defensive side in recruiting and in the portal. I find a mentor that isn’t my failed father. I keep Ford and figure out how to utilize him as CWT somehow managed to do. I decide on a qb in camp and do not continually disrupt continuity. I find someone on the team that can disrupt the qb even if it’s a scrawny center there is someone on this team that can get into the backfield. How many things exactly would you like to know that I would do differently? I embrace all former players and try to get them involved. I don’t fire Auggie in a group setting. I don’t say stupid things like I don’t want transfers and we will pull scholarships from people that continue their recruiting process. I say things like the only culture I care about instilling is winning. I can go on all day because there really isn’t a single thing I can think of that I would do the way CSH does.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Am I the ad or the coach? If I’m the ad I hired CJL or CWT. If I’m the coach I get on campus immediately and drop Clemson like a bad habit, I go all in trying to get the QB that transferred that season to come with me. I hire experienced coaches away from programs to be my coordinators and do not pick up both unemployed coordinators from FAU. I immediately start addressing the defensive side in recruiting and in the portal. I find a mentor that isn’t my failed father. I keep Ford and figure out how to utilize him as CWT somehow managed to do. I decide on a qb in camp and do not continually disrupt continuity. I find someone on the team that can disrupt the qb even if it’s a scrawny center there is someone on this team that can get into the backfield. How many things exactly would you like to know that I would do differently? I embrace all former players and try to get them involved. I don’t fire Auggie in a group setting. I don’t say stupid things like I don’t want transfers and we will pull scholarships from people that continue their recruiting process. I say things like the only culture I care about instilling is winning. I can go on all day because there really isn’t a single thing I can think of that I would do the way CSH does.

And that’s without going into in game play calling and management. Well said Puc!!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

1. Got Cade Fortin from a solid UNC progrum.

2.you assume you can hire experienced coaches as a first time head coach in the "American"

3. You address the defensive side when you dont know which is worse. Genius.

4. You Assume ford wants to stay.

5. You Assume you think you can judge qbs based in practice better than paid coaches.

Anything else?

Can you punt and kick?

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

1. Got Cade Fortin from a solid UNC progrum.

2.you assume you can hire experienced coaches as a first time head coach in the "American"

3. You address the defensive side when you dont know which is worse. Genius.

4. You Assume ford wants to stay.

5. You Assume you think you can judge qbs based in practice better than paid coaches.

Anything else?

CSH is indecisive because he is not confident which comes from his lack of experience and perpetual failure, I don’t think it’s that he can’t evaluate people I think it’s that he can’t make a decision which is evident in all aspects of his reign. Plus he is soft which is also perpetuated on this team. Teams take on the personalities of their coaches and our team looks soft, indecisive, confused and weak because that’s what our coach looks like.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

CSH twice now. Are you cutting and pasting from your comments in the Holtz New Era era?