• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You shouldn’t be hyperbolic, it’s unbecoming 

You'd think I'd know better ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

23 hours ago, michibull said:

I didn’t watch the game yesterday; but if our QB is not selling out for first downs, he does not have the toughness or attitude to lead this team. That would be a reflection of not only the player but the coaching staff as well (which is maybe an indication of why our defense is soft as well). I cannot see a situation where Grothe, BJ or QF would not put their head down to get it done. We have never been the most talented teams, we have not had the best coaches, but with QB’s like Grothe, BJ and QF, and “go get ‘em” coaches like CJL and CWT, they had a fight and edge to them that won games we shouldn’t have. You don’t see that at all with USF football teams of late; there is no killer instinct, it is a sterile, bland, passionless type of playing style. That’s why no one cares about them and why we are losing the few fans we have. 

I did watch the game and Timmy had a bad lapse at the end of the first half. That was his only mistake. I believe he does have the toughness and attitude to lead this team and he will do that well going forward.

You do bring up a good point about killer instinct though. SMU had it on their first drive by going for it on 4th and 5, so we saw right away how they were going to be playing. 

14 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

What did you all expect to happen based on the above.

The funny part is that it's exactly what most expected to happen so it makes you wonder ...... I'll just leave it at that.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

NC State: no chance to win in the 2nd half

Florida: no chance to win in the 2nd half

BYU: pulled within a score with 5:41 to go and no timeouts. Pretty much had to force a 3 and out to have a chance, and we hadn't forced them to a drive under 30 yards all game

SMU: touchdown to start the second half pulled us within a score, then they get a field goal thanks to a missed grounding call. Still just down 10, a touchdown pulls us in close but we go 3 and out. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter we force them to punt and get the ball down 10, again fail to do anything.

We've lost to 4 ranked teams, but this past one felt like we had the most genuine chance to win even though the final score doesn't show that. We held a high powered offense below their season average in rushing and passing yards. All that considered we still made a ton of mistakes: penalties, dropped passes, overthrows, clock management at the end of the half, Timmy not realizing where the first down marker is, etc. Clean those up and we might have even won, lots of teachable moments on tape for the bye week.

I still think we've improved in each game against a ranked team. But we'll see where we are these next 3 games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The funny part is that it's exactly what most expected to happen so it makes you wonder ...... I'll just leave it at that.

Happens every year. People say we will win one or two games but when we start to lose these same people complain. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

37 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

You do bring up a good point about killer instinct though. SMU had it on their first drive by going for it on 4th and 5, so we saw right away how they were going to be playing. 

Exactly.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

We have been 20+ point dogs to these 4 teams that are currently ranked . . . who realistically expected a different result looking back?

Go BULLS !!!

• Go Bulls! 1

8 minutes ago, E.T. said:

We have been 20+ point dogs to these 4 teams that are currently ranked . . . who realistically expected a different result looking back?

Go BULLS !!!

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Usf fans what little even still watch the game are just tired of seeing our team get smashed...people are going to get frustrated. Yes this schedule has been brutal.

If the team can get 3+ wins and I dont think thats ridiculous...people will see the team start to slowly trend in right direction.  So this is an extremely important stretch of the season...we need to see some wins.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 2