• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Many of you think after going 1-8 think we should be beating the better teams in our conference after a coaching change and covid.

Why do you think this and what is your expectation for this year? 7 wins?

We have two weeks to prepare for a home game against a 1-4 Tulsa team that lost to UC Davis. If we don't get a W there, 1-11 is not out of the question. I'm guessing we do beat Tulsa though, and end up with around 4 wins on the season. Every game will be an adventure though...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We have two weeks to prepare for a home game against a 1-4 Tulsa team that lost to UC Davis. If we don't get a W there, 1-11 is not out of the question. I'm guessing we do beat Tulsa though, and end up with around 4 wins on the season. Every game will be an adventure though...

Check out how they played against OSU and Ohio state. Those were two of their losses. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We won’t beat Tulsa and I’m not sure we win another game this year.  I don’t think we’re capable of beating another FBS team with this talent and coaching.

• Upvote 2
  • Crying 1

54 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Check out how they played against OSU and Ohio state. Those were two of their losses. 

I haven't watched a Tulsa game this year, but saw the highlights of those two games. They were very much in those games late in the 4th. Looks like they should have won against OK State. They did lose to UC Davis though, and lost 45-10 to Houston. Only win was 41-34 to Arkansas State. I realize that nothing is a gimme for us, but if we're going to beat an FBS team in 2021, this looks as good a chance as any. A boost in morale is desperately needed here. Two weeks to get ready. Home game. No excuses here.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

My expectations with what I've seen from Scott is we get one fbs win and we have 2 wins for the season. A 100% increase wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

Lack of execution made this worse than it should have been. Missed passes, Timmy ducking out of bounds instead of getting first down. Offense will get the timing figured out.  I'm not sure if there is any hope on defense without depth but they did get pressure (and a sack? Can't remember) This game.

We will win again at some point. In the meantime, enjoy a week off and not losing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Many of you think after going 1-8 think we should be beating the better teams in our conference after a coaching change and covid.

Why do you think this and what is your expectation for this year? 7 wins?

I expected 4 but I guess I was dreaming too big, we will beat some ****** team this year and then we can listen to how the culture is changing for the rest of the year.  Go Bulls!

5 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Lack of execution made this worse than it should have been. Missed passes, Timmy ducking out of bounds instead of getting first down. Offense will get the timing figured out.  I'm not sure if there is any hope on defense without depth but they did get pressure (and a sack? Can't remember) This game.

We will win again at some point. In the meantime, enjoy a week off and not losing.

Agreed. Two missed deep passes that were both certain touchdowns. Then we go from the 2 yard line to 3rd and 15 because of stupid penalties, and end up settling for a FG. The last play of the first half where Timmy held the ball too long and burned 9 seconds, killing any chance of a FG. Brinkman dropping passes that should have been caught. The opportunities were there. Just couldn't quite execute.  I still believe Scott will get this turned around at some point, but this year, as most of us knew, has been and probably will continue to be somewhat painful. 

Yes, there were a few series in the second half where the defense was able to pressure Mordecai. As bad as they've been this year, seemed like there was maybe a glimmer of hope on that side of ball. Hopefully they blitz a little more going forward. Frustrating seeing them sit back and picked apart week after week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

At what point do you think it’s okay to have the expectation of winning a single game? CJS didn’t inherit a zero win team he inherited a poorly coached 4 win team and managed to take them down to 1 FCS win. He has now continued his losing ways and at some point it has to be okay to think he should be reasonably expected to win something. Thinking going winless for years is a reasonable thing is the unreasonable position. 

Assuming youre not trolling.

10, 7, 4....what comes next? They were trending down and it was obvious that Chuck wasn't doing anything. We should have just let him finish his contract or quit.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

38 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Timmy ducking out of bounds instead of getting first down

I didn’t watch the game yesterday; but if our QB is not selling out for first downs, he does not have the toughness or attitude to lead this team. That would be a reflection of not only the player but the coaching staff as well (which is maybe an indication of why our defense is soft as well). I cannot see a situation where Grothe, BJ or QF would not put their head down to get it done. We have never been the most talented teams, we have not had the best coaches, but with QB’s like Grothe, BJ and QF, and “go get ‘em” coaches like CJL and CWT, they had a fight and edge to them that won games we shouldn’t have. You don’t see that at all with USF football teams of late; there is no killer instinct, it is a sterile, bland, passionless type of playing style. That’s why no one cares about them and why we are losing the few fans we have. 

• ???? 1