• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, William Armstrong said:

1.Bingo! Dropping Clemson is as exactly what he should have done. 2 , build his team from the inside out ( along the line and front seven on defense.

That’s the problem. He doesn’t have a single defensive commit in this recruiting class four games in. 
I bet there is at least a couple of high 3 stars somewhere that would commit if you told them they would play starting game one of their college career (our talent is so bad on defense that this is a promise you could definitely keep to a talented enough high schooler) rather than ride the pine somewhere else. Meanwhile, we have two QB commits. Wtf are we doing?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

48 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

That’s the problem. He doesn’t have a single defensive commit in this recruiting class four games in. 
I bet there is at least a couple of high 3 stars somewhere that would commit if you told them they would play starting game one of their college career (our talent is so bad on defense that this is a promise you could definitely keep to a talented enough high schooler) rather than ride the pine somewhere else. Meanwhile, we have two QB commits. Wtf are we doing?

We do have two DT's committed from the 2021 class that didn't sign at the last minute because of COVID, according to them ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,010
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You're fighting a losing battle here. You're battling the mentality of if CJL hadn't been fired, we'd be in a P5 or at the very least, rolling in conference championships because the AAC  is so inferior to the BE and nothing you can say will shake that belief.

I think critics have been focused on Scott’s results, not Leavitt’s termination.  I’ve not seen the above stated elsewhere.  Were you paraphrasing/augmenting?

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think critics have been focused on Scott’s results, not Leavitt’s termination.  I’ve not seen the above stated elsewhere.  Were you paraphrasing/augmenting?

My response was based on who he was going back and forth with, and this tired gem specifically:

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think anyones of the opinion that we need more flux I think most people that are fed up are of the mind that we should have had one coach that entire time and things would have been entirely different 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,010
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks, this is a puc-centric response then.  I thought it was another general stmt about several people or “the board”.  My apology.

i can agree averaging a new coach every three years is probably less ideal than having just one - whether or not it is Leavitt.  I thought that was his point.  

Just now, Brad said:

Thanks, this is a puc-centric response then.  I thought it was another general stmt about several people or “the board”.  My apology.

Probably should have multi-quoted because honestly, I don't feel that there are several people like that, just the one .....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably should have multi-quoted because honestly, I don't feel that there are several people like that, just the one .....

In all fairness to you I do speak with a royal we

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, michibull said:

I didn’t watch the game yesterday; but if our QB is not selling out for first downs, he does not have the toughness or attitude to lead this team. That would be a reflection of not only the player but the coaching staff as well (which is maybe an indication of why our defense is soft as well). I cannot see a situation where Grothe, BJ or QF would not put their head down to get it done. We have never been the most talented teams, we have not had the best coaches, but with QB’s like Grothe, BJ and QF, and “go get ‘em” coaches like CJL and CWT, they had a fight and edge to them that won games we shouldn’t have. You don’t see that at all with USF football teams of late; there is no killer instinct, it is a sterile, bland, passionless type of playing style. That’s why no one cares about them and why we are losing the few fans we have. 

I think it was more of a case of a Freshman QB and situational awareness. Nonetheless, things that will need to be improved moving forward. 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

In all fairness to you I do speak with a royal we

That's in all fairness to Brad .... I knew all along that I was referring to one, and one only.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's in all fairness to Brad .... I knew all along that I was referring to one, and one only.

You shouldn’t be hyperbolic, it’s unbecoming