• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realistic expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

Many of you think after going 1-8 think we should be beating the better teams in our conference after a coaching change and covid.

Why do you think this and what is your expectation for this year? 7 wins?

Edited by USFBULL_08

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At what point do you think it’s okay to have the expectation of winning a single game? CJS didn’t inherit a zero win team he inherited a poorly coached 4 win team and managed to take them down to 1 FCS win. He has now continued his losing ways and at some point it has to be okay to think he should be reasonably expected to win something. Thinking going winless for years is a reasonable thing is the unreasonable position. 

I haven't expected a single win team. I just have assumptions that we shouldnt be beating team clearly ahead of us

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At what point do you think it’s okay to have the expectation of winning a single game? CJS didn’t inherit a zero win team he inherited a poorly coached 4 win team and managed to take them down to 1 FCS win. He has now continued his losing ways and at some point it has to be okay to think he should be reasonably expected to win something. Thinking going winless for years is a reasonable thing is the unreasonable position. 

He literally did inherit that.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

He literally did inherit that.

He literally inherited a four win team. That he hasn’t been able to be competitive against anyone for two years is because of him, his staff, his culture and his recruiting. He isn’t building anything except for a path out of head coaching.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He literally inherited a four win team. That he hasn’t been able to be competitive against anyone for two years is because of him, his staff, his culture and his recruiting. He isn’t building anything except for a path out of head coaching.

He inherited a team that beat those teams. Not the new teams or teams that we've played so far...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

One expectation should be to play with a little urgency, sometimes. Like poor execution is one thing, but occasionally we call some ******** plays like the hb drives, and other plays that show the staff lack a competitive drive. When the staff folds before the players do there is an issue

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Why do you think this and what is your expectation for this year? 7 wins?

I expected 5 wins pre season. Now I expect only 2 wins because maybe they can beat Tulsa or Temple. Its doubtful we win both though. What are your expectations right now? 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

I expect you to go for it on 4th down with the momentum at some point to try to win the game at LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE and stop being scared.

I feel like Taggart did that perfectly. Let's go all out, play to win.

But ****, Coach Scott loves his punter and is complacent on losing no matter what the game is dictating.

Loser's mentality.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I wanted us to win but I did not expect it. I hate the fact that it felt like we could win several times over, yet we ended up losing the way we did. The opportunities to win were there,  I never felt like we were completely outmatched. Poor execution and questionable play calling at times put this one out of reach late.