• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Yes, Timmy played well.  He only played 3 quarters, for whatever reason Scott put Marsh in the game, who did nothing the entire 4th quarter.  Timmy stats were OK 12/23 for 163 and a TD with 51 yards rushing also, but he also had a lot of drops by receivers.  I went back and rewatched the first 3 quarters and the offense moved efficiently with him in there most of the time.  It's just fun to watch McClain.  He will have his ups and downs, but I believe USF finally has a QB for the next several years.

Fortin is done as a USF starter unless there are injuries.

I will have to research again tomorrow.

Once the deficiencies in QB play is fixed we find execution issues in the WR core.

Coaching might need more experience, but we still have a massive talent issue.

We still need players and recruiting.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Once the deficiencies in QB play is fixed we find execution issues in the WR core.

Coaching might need more experience, but we still have a massive talent issue.

We still need players and recruiting.

Before joining the forum, I read the posts for a couple of years. Many people on here focused solely on Jordan and the QBs last year without calling out the many problems on this team. The whole group needs improvement. It’s also sometimes a drain watching people not see the big picture. It’s almost comical how people disregard the problems we have.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

28 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Before joining the forum, I read the posts for a couple of years. Many people on here focused solely on Jordan and the QBs last year without calling out the many problems on this team. The whole group needs improvement. It’s also sometimes a drain watching people not see the big picture. It’s almost comical how people disregard the problems we have.

list GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

O line is better

WR may still be a weak link, with injuries 

Dropped passes hurt TM's numbers but he played well and if we stick with him we can end the revolving door

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, hm101 said:

O line is better

WR may still be a weak link, with injuries 

Dropped passes hurt TM's numbers but he played well and if we stick with him we can end the revolving door

I think maybe some of the drops come from the fact Mcclain is left handed. Ball spins and flies differently. Think it will take some getting used to.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I think maybe some of the drops come from the fact Mcclain is left handed. Ball spins and flies differently. Think it will take some getting used to.

Possible excuse for some of the receivers...his one from HS receiver that dropped two passes cant say that though. 

Receivers need to step up big time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

I don’t really get the point of your post, most of us are keenly aware of how little talent we have.  We focused on Jordan because the QB is the most important position and if you don’t have a functional QB then you have no chance, we have a good young QB but still suck, at least we have little chance most weeks now versus no chance. If it makes you feel better, Our D line was maybe the worst line in FBS last year, d backs were poor, our Lb’s are mediocre, our O line was atrocious and rb’s were smallish and below average,  WR’s were unable to get any separation too.  We at least had substandard special teams which we used far too much putting us in poor field position more often then not.  After this I should have just went with a Silverbull GIF, nobody on this board thought Jordan was the sole reason we sucked last year. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, Roaming Bull said:

We saw Cade this year and he is not the one

I don't really care who starts but I'm fairly certain about Cades ability to throw against FAMU with as much success as we saw last night along with gaining some rushing yards. While I was impressed at times it wasnt a wow game by no means. I still think with the sample size the coaches are having a hard time with the decision. No one has separated themselves to the point he's willing to name them the starter and I understand. It's good to have some depth at the position.

With that said I am least impressed with Marsh. Good to get him some reps but I think Cade could used them as well. I think if there was a depth chart for QBs Cade would have a sizable lead over the the third string at this point when not competing for the starting position.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

Not buying that. They have been catching balls from him for four months now. There is a drop in WR quality from the first to the second team.