• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Based on last night I’d say let McClain start the rest of the way. The kid showed potential last night while fortin  was downright horrible all night. McClain will learn from his picks especially when it’s time to tuck and run instead of trying to force something downfield and turning it over 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Start this kid now, let him make mistakes. We are not going anywhere this year anyways. He showed great flashed and made a few rookie mistakes. No reason to go back to Fortin. Make this Timmy's team and stop the musical chairs at QB.

I would be a bit hesitant or should I say careful with him if you start him against UF, as you don't want him to get hurt, either physically or mentally. I believe CJS will still give Fortin some time or may even start him against UF, whether it is right or wrong, hard to say. After the UF game, he should be safe to start McClain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

I think this year counts for eligibility. I don’t want Timmy to waste his 4 years on this year. Let him play his 4 games and shut it down.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

I say we just kneel every play next week.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

This has been said before in prior post...Timmy is far ahead of Q at this point in his career...so there's that

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think this year counts for eligibility. I don’t want Timmy to waste his 4 years on this year. Let him play his 4 games and shut it down.

The assumption has to be that if you are growing the program and are going to get better every year, then your recruits will get better and you don't worry about redshirting. College football is different now and I think redshirting at the lower talent teams will basically disappear. Players commit to USF to play, not wait until they are Jrs to get playing time. I think you would only redshirt him if you have better talent ahead of him. Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Not only that, you're looking for any excitement you can find to invigorate the fan base that is left.  I'm definitely not interested in watching Fortin stand back there and be a target and shot put prayers out there