• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

apparently not because you just don't get it.

where was ole miss QB in 4th quarter? on the bench same as ours.

which is where a starter belongs in a blowout game. no offense but getting 3 more pass attempts against FAMU isn't going to accelerate his learning curve.

getting hurt and losing the rest of this season will not only take him out of conference play but will also retard his development.

I suspect that if BYU is a blowout in the other direction he will sit him as well. It's stupid risking injury in a meaningless situation.

This was more or less my thinking on Saturday night as well.  That and I believe the coaching staff wants to see how our lack of depth/backups look heading into conference play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

So does the fact that Timmy got the start mean we are done with The Cade experiment?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

This was more or less my thinking on Saturday night as well.  That and I believe the coaching staff wants to see how our lack of depth/backups look heading into conference play.

exactly. it isn't just the QB who sat. apparently chapel thinks we should send Mcclain out there with 3rd stringers in a blowout so he could get a few more reps.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, jchem1995 said:

So does the fact that Timmy got the start mean we are done with The Cade experiment?

I bet we see him against BYU if we are getting rolled. top 15 team on the road is a big spot for a true freshman.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I would think that barring injury or total embarrassment, we are going to see McClain and Marsh. I think if you put Cade back in at this point you are sending mixed messages to the team. You need to develop a plan and stick to it. It appeared that plan would be Cade, but his in-game performance was not what most thought it would be. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I would think that barring injury or total embarrassment, we are going to see McClain and Marsh. I think if you put Cade back in at this point you are sending mixed messages to the team. You need to develop a plan and stick to it. It appeared that plan would be Cade, but his in-game performance was not what most thought it would be. 

**** that was a quick hook.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

**** that was a quick hook.

Not quick enough.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

27 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I bet we see him against BYU if we are getting rolled. top 15 team on the road is a big spot for a true freshman.

No!!!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

next time we are ranked 13th and need to impress the polls then we can leave our all american in until the end of the 3rd quarter in a blowout.

one thing we both had in common is that we sat our starter in the 4th quarter during a blowout. which pretty much any coach with half a brain would do.

31-10 in the 3rd isn't over.   Not even close to the same thing as 61-21 and this isn't 1980, no one is impressing polls with a TD bomb up 40.   Difference is in the coach and the aggressive style of said coach.

Again, you have a freshman qb leading an offense that needs reps, that was a great time to do it in game situation against a team that should essentially be equal to your team's backups.  Any coach with half a brain knows that.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

exactly. it isn't just the QB who sat. apparently chapel thinks we should send Mcclain out there with 3rd stringers in a blowout so he could get a few more reps.

Apparently you don't read well.  Because no where have I said anything about playing McClain behind 3rd stringers.  The offense should have stayed for at least another series or 2.   Keep making crap up though