• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not buying that. They have been catching balls from him for four months now. There is a drop in WR quality from the first to the second team. 

Pleasantly surprised about weaver. Guy looks good. Kinda disappointed in Jimmy Horne thus far.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

4 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Pleasantly surprised about weaver. Guy looks good. Kinda disappointed in Jimmy Horne thus far.

He is just a freshmen and has had a few nice catches this year...just needs to work on his consistency with catching the ball.

Just hope we get Williams and Miller back soon and nothing serious.   

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not buying that. They have been catching balls from him for four months now. There is a drop in WR quality from the first to the second team. 

believe this was the first week he got first team reps at practice. I'm not saying we have NFL quality WRs on the roster only that it is much different catching balls from a left handed QB. 2 NFL great WRs talking about the difference.

There’s also the matter of the receivers who are catching the passes. Cris Carter and Reggie Wayne, two of the top 10 receivers in league history by catches, both agree that there’s an effect on the flight of a lefty’s pass that’s noticeably different from that of the righties they see all the time.

“Typically, when a right-handed quarterback throws the ball, the ball spins right to left,” Carter said. “Anytime I am running a route to my left, the ball will be spinning in toward me. When I am running to the right, the ball is spinning away from me. That might not sound like much, but when you get every step of your routes down to the inch, like [we] perfectionists do, it makes an extreme difference.”

Joked Wayne, “I am definitely not complaining I didn’t play with many lefties, trust me. Not only does the ball turn differently, but it affects the deep ball. [A right-handed QB], his pass turns inside; a lefty, it turns the other way. That’s a lot harder of a catch, especially for guys who are not as used to seeing that.”

brunell-4x3.jpg?w=700

Lefty quarterbacks were always rare, but in recent seasons, the southpaw signal-caller has all but disappeared from the NFL.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Possible excuse for some of the receivers...his one from HS receiver that dropped two passes cant say that though. 

Receivers need to step up big time.

one of those was thrown behind him and low. wasn't on Horn

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700

17 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He is just a freshmen and has had a few nice catches this year...just needs to work on his consistency with catching the ball.

Just hope we get Williams and Miller back soon and nothing serious.   

I know how young he is. For a prize recruit his consistency hasnt been there. Hope he clicks soon....we need him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is a drop in WR quality from the first to the second team. 

There appears to be a drop from Weaver to the rest of them ..... What's the word on Williams and Miller?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

There appears to be a drop from Weaver to the rest of them ..... What's the word on Williams and Miller?

Should know during coaches presser tomorrow. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

This forum rips quarter backs like they are the sole position. That is my point. Most important position or not, we (this team)are only as good as your team. The QB Role doesn’t run and morph into every other position on the field. Like I said, this forum can get very comical. Thanks for your rebuttal.

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

This forum rips quarter backs like they are the sole position. That is my point. Most important position or not, we (this team)are only as good as your team. The QB Role doesn’t run and morph into every other position on the field. Like I said, this forum can get very comical. Thanks for your rebuttal.

We do need the back up WRs to catch the ball for sure. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I think maybe some of the drops come from the fact Mcclain is left handed. Ball spins and flies differently. Think it will take some getting used to.

Maybe we should stop playing Marsh then .....

• Go Bulls! 1