• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

55 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

So does the fact that Timmy got the start mean we are done with The Cade experiment?

I don't know. McClain throws a pick and fumbles our first 2 possessions and I wouldn't be surprised to see him.  Don't want to crush a kid's confidence which is probably part of the reason we didn't see him start in the first two games. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

31-10 in the 3rd isn't over.   Not even close to the same thing as 61-21 and this isn't 1980, no one is impressing polls with a TD bomb up 40.   Difference is in the coach and the aggressive style of said coach.

Again, you have a freshman qb leading an offense that needs reps, that was a great time to do it in game situation against a team that should essentially be equal to your team's backups.  Any coach with half a brain knows that.

31-10 at the end of 3 is over. They had less than 100 yards of offense at the half. You must not watch college football much if you don't think coaches run up scores to impress voters.

It was a terrible time to do it. You have absolutely nothing to gain by playing your starters in a blowout. Even Lane Kiffin agrees.

BTW him playing in practice against his starting D is much tougher and they won't injure him.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know. McClain throws a pick and fumbles our first 2 possessions and I wouldn't be surprised to see him.  Don't want to crush a kid's confidence which is probably part of the reason we didn't see him start in the first two games. 

completely agree.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Bull94 said:

31-10 at the end of 3 is over. They had less than 100 yards of offense at the half. You must not watch college football much if you don't think coaches run up scores to impress voters.

It was a terrible time to do it. You have absolutely nothing to gain by playing your starters in a blowout. Even Lane Kiffin agrees.

BTW him playing in practice against his starting D is much tougher and they won't injure him.

I think the Ole Miss QB chucking it up 40 points had more to do with improving his Heisman chances than running up the score but, either way, the motivation is similar. When the season started Corral was +1350 and that is now down to +150. The media coverage, recruiting, and donations that you can generate with a Heisman winner support Kiffin's decision. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

completely agree.

You keep comparing our starters to Lane Kiffin's and I'll keep laughing at you

53 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I thought he looked a little bit nicked up on the last two series he played. My guess is that if FAMU had actually made a game of it (gotten back to within 1 score) that Timmy would have been back on the field, but who knows. I just think without all of the facts it is a fool's errand to try and figure out what is the right or wrong choice to make. I agree, he could use more work, but I also agree that he is the key to the rest of this season and beyond. Losing him now to injury would be devastating for the momentum built over the last 1.5 games. Onward and upward to Provo! 

There was minimal momentum in the 2nd half.  That was the point.  He should been in for at least another series or 2

52 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Not sure if it is genius or not...  Guess time will tell.  Just stating that is what I was thinking they were doing.  He confirms it in the post game presser in the first two minutes.  When talking about the 2nd half drop off he talked about not having depth, injuries and developing young guys. 

News flash: Timmy McClain is a young guy

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,126
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Let's develop him.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

There was minimal momentum in the 2nd half.  That was the point.  He should been in for at least another series or 2

Listen to the post game presser. He explains the QB change later. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

5 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Listen to the post game presser. He explains the QB change later. 

Without having to watch the whole thing, what did he say regarding that?

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Without having to watch the whole thing, what did he say regarding that?

I know right.  The suspense is killing me

18 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Let's develop him.  

That would be awesome.  Maybe we get around to it when all the backups get their reps.  A little bubble wrap may be necessary to protect him as well