• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Skip Holtz

Let's get Skip Holtz and Schiano and end this fanbase once and for all!  Coaching will destroy us!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

His offense requires a starting NFL quality RB to work.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Skip Holtz

True. Like him or not.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

His offense requires a starting NFL quality RB to work.

Every good offense needs good athletes. 

At FSU Fisher had Winston and Cook, an NFL QB and RB. 

The current top 5 is overflowing with NFL athletes. 

I don’t think the talent Taggart inherited at FSU was all that good.

Fisher was 6-6 his last season at FSU, A coach with two undefeated seasons and a national championship. Taggart going 5-7 his first year in the ACC with new offense, new players, is really not that bad. FSU fans and admins are delusional. They’re about to enter football purgatory with Miami. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

God I love this board.  So many people want CJL back, which is understandable in some ways.  But the coach some are pining for is one who utterly failed at this job over another guy who brought the program back from the brink that the other coach led it to.  

I mean, it's almost like 2011-2012 are too far past for some to remember.  Times very similar to now.  IDGAS if he's been successful elsewhere.  He couldn't hack it here.  If we had to bring back a previous USF coach, why wouldn't you bring one back that knows how to win HERE?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

I'm not saying hire him back but I wouldn't be totally opposed to it ...... but the lengths that some are going to disparage him is freaking hilarious, serious jilted lover syndrome. His record improved every year of the FOUR he was here. Those that give him **** for leaving here for Oregon are green and gold gogglin that like crazy. Nobody in their right mind faults him for that move. Oregon to FSU after only one year? He grew up a ******* Seminoles fan, one of the premier, storied football programs in the country. Again, nobody in their right, un butt hurt mind doesn't believe him when he said it was the ONLY job he'd leave Oregon for after just the one year .....

However, the crowning glory of the disparages are the ones saying how do we know he won't turn us around, get us to the brink of greatness again and leave ...................................................................................... just let the brilliance of that thought process sink in for a minute.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

38 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

God I love this board.  So many people want CJL back, which is understandable in some ways.  But the coach some are pining for is one who utterly failed at this job over another guy who brought the program back from the brink that the other coach led it to.  

I mean, it's almost like 2011-2012 are too far past for some to remember.  Times very similar to now.  IDGAS if he's been successful elsewhere.  He couldn't hack it here.  If we had to bring back a previous USF coach, why wouldn't you bring one back that knows how to win HERE?

All I read is @lotsofbull99 and @puc86 are reasonable 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not saying hire him back but I wouldn't be totally opposed to it ...... but the lengths that some are going to disparage him is freaking hilarious, serious jilted lover syndrome. His record improved every year of the FOUR he was here. Those that give him **** for leaving here for Oregon are green and gold gogglin that like crazy. Nobody in their right mind faults him for that move. Oregon to FSU after only one year? He grew up a ******* Seminoles fan, one of the premier, storied football programs in the country. Again, nobody in their right, un butt hurt mind doesn't believe him when he said it was the ONLY job he'd leave Oregon for after just the one year .....

However, the crowning glory of the disparages are the ones saying how do we know he won't turn us around, get us to the brink of greatness again and leave ...................................................................................... just let the brilliance of that thought process sink in for a minute.

If anyone could guarantee that he could get back to winning here I think anyone should be willing to take it but I think the more obvious reason to be reluctant of that idea is doesn’t he check off every single box of the red flags people now claim led them to know CCS would fail?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If anyone could guarantee that he could get back to winning here I think anyone should be willing to take it but I think the more obvious reason to be reluctant of that idea is doesn’t he check off every single box of the red flags people now claim led them to know CCS would fail?

Sure ................ as long as you overlook the checked box that says "Experience Rebuilding USF Football Program".

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sure ................ as long as you overlook the checked box that says "Experience Rebuilding USF Football Program".

He definitely won at the end but if we were rebuilt it must have been on sand since it felt rather fleeting and I’m not exactly sure who was in the pipeline that was going to replace flowers in one short season. Pretty sure In the checkboxes Louisville and Bridgewater were CCS’ USF and Flowers.