• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

You'll be looking just as hard, and still failing to see any football conference championship here by any coach in our history, and it doesn't appear that there will be one anytime soon. Taggart came as close as anybody though, and at least put an exciting product out there along the way.

Exactly...and this is one of the reasons I won’t classify him or any other USF coaches as great and I would certainly not be pushing to have them rehired. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Exactly...and this is one of the reasons I won’t classify him or any other USF coaches as great and I would certainly not be pushing to have them rehired. 

It's a moot point. Ford's return will spark us to a win vs. UCF and a return of CCS.

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's a moot point. Ford's return will spark us to a win vs. UCF and a return of CCS.

Johno will be sucking air after the first carry and then go the sideline and crank out a tweet about another chick that is doing him wrong...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Johno will be sucking air after the first carry and then go the sideline and crank out a tweet about another chick that is doing him wrong...

If he is even really back.

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If he is even really back.

Quiet true. It really makes no sense for him to play. He could have come back as early as the Temple game and still kept a redshirt. Really no point now...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, fair enough. Not sure Taggs would want to come back anyway. Will be interesting to see what decent coach we will be able to afford if we do in fact let CCS go. 

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Ok, fair enough. Not sure Taggs would want to come back anyway. Will be interesting to see what decent coach we will be able to afford if we do in fact let CCS go. 

It won’t be pretty. If he is let go we won’t higher than $1mil a year. It will have to be on the cheap. I am starting to think CCS returns...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It won’t be pretty. If he is let go we won’t higher than $1mil a year. It will have to be on the cheap. I am starting to think CCS returns...

I was thinking the same about Charlie being back. This has to be an enormous headache for Kelly right now. I think Charlie gets at least half of the 2020 season to turn things around, mostly because there is no other choice for Kelly (I'm guessing). Will be interesting to see what ticket sales look like in 2020 if CCS is back.

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was thinking the same about Charlie being back. This has to be an enormous headache for Kelly right now. I think Charlie gets at least half of the 2020 season to turn things around, mostly because there is no other choice for Kelly (I'm guessing). Will be interesting to see what ticket sales look like in 2020 if CCS is back.

I think if one runs the numbers it is probably safer to keep him one more year. The schedule is significantly easier so there will be a few more wins and recruiting stays in tack for the December signing period. But it’s a risk either way. There will certainly be some casualties.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think if one runs the numbers it is probably safer to keep him one more year. The schedule is significantly easier so there will be a few more wins and recruiting stays in tack for the December signing period. But it’s a risk either way. There will certainly be some casualties.

Recruiting?

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF