• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

We only had 4 head coaches. Two were fired ( Leavitt & Holtz) Taggart was about to get fired if QF didn’t rescue his coaching career. He still has not won a conference title or bowl game. His defenses suck. He has a terrible record against top 25 teams 

It was so terrible watching top 10 offenses. I will take that over the unknown any day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It was so terrible watching top 10 offenses. I will take that over the unknown any day.

Yes I will take another QF any day. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Funny thread. Hypothetically I wouldn't really be opposed to him returning. But if he did entertain it, like @GaUSFBull said, we should have a whopper buyout clause.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

NO!!!!! retreads

Find the NEXT hot coach 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Many say they will take that person or this person “over what we have now.” But this is a terrible way to choose a coach. We are so low right now even a step up is not enough of a step. As soon as that person peeks at say 6 or 7 wins over a period of time you will be wanting that person replaced. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Many say they will take that person or this person “over what we have now.” But this is a terrible way to choose a coach. We are so low right now even a step up is not enough of a step. As soon as that person peeks at say 6 or 7 wins over a period of time you will be wanting that person replaced. 

I agree with this. If USF makes a coaching change they better hit a home run. CWT failed at Oregon and at FSU. But yeah, let’s bring him back since it didn’t work out at his previous stop. That thinking was how we ended up with CCS in the first place 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just because it’s been 23 years since we have have hired a good football coach and MK has never done so, doesn’t mean we can’t miracle our way to it this time. I mean the due factor always works out for gamblers, so we should probably expect the same level of success in our next coaching hire. I know I’m pumped.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Even though I’m not a huge CWT fan and this plan will never happen here is a creative way to go about it. CWT is getting a huge buyout and he needs to rehab his image in order to get back to the promised land, he has money but needs a place where he can retool and be successful. We on the other hand are a place where just about anything will look like improvement but we currently have no money to make a change. Make CWT’s buyout around $3 million but have him prepay it, if he gets bought out the money goes back to him and everyone has benefited from the arrangement and if he doesn’t he invested in himself and lost and we gave him an opportunity right his ship but at least didn’t  burn thru more cash.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I agree with this. If USF makes a coaching change they better hit a home run. CWT failed at Oregon and at FSU. But yeah, let’s bring him back since it didn’t work out at his previous stop. That thinking was how we ended up with CCS in the first place 

He was only one season at Oregon and they were not good the previous season so not sure I'd say that was a failure. More incomplete.

Fsu looked better than his first year so they atleast were trending up.

Strong just sucked at Texas for 3 years no improvement at all. They actually got worse every year in the conference. 

Not saying I want Taggart but he atleast shows more potential than Strong after Texas.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Why has Strong not been fired yet?!