• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even though I’m not a huge CWT fan and this plan will never happen here is a creative way to go about it. CWT is getting a huge buyout and he needs to rehab his image in order to get back to the promised land, he has money but needs a place where he can retool and be successful. We on the other hand are a place where just about anything will look like improvement but we currently have no money to make a change. Make CWT’s buyout around $3 million but have him prepay it, if he gets bought out the money goes back to him and everyone has benefited from the arrangement and if he doesn’t he invested in himself and lost and we gave him an opportunity right his ship but at least didn’t  burn thru more cash.

This makes sense...my god man you had a moment of clear logic 😂

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He was only one season at Oregon and they were not good the previous season so not sure I'd say that was a failure. More incomplete.

Exactly. Oregon was 4-8 the year before Willie arrived. He went 7-5 in his only season there. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. Oregon was 4-8 the year before Willie arrived. He went 7-5 in his only season there. 

And his OC is running the team and doing amazing as the HC.

So I'd say if he stayed they be good anyways.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I'll skip the 20 pages thus far and make it clear - Taggart did not want to be here.  He left.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll skip the 20 pages thus far and make it clear - Taggart did not want to be here.  He left.  

This!! Too bad not all can ever understand that fact. Good riddance to the guy that couldn’t beat Temple when it mattered. Bailed out on USF and Oregon within the same calendar year 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Anyone on this board would kill for 7-5 right now.  We should consider getting back on the bus.  No P5 program will hire him, but he could get an announcing gig.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think you'll find that ANY coach we get going forward, that has any success, will not want to be here, and will bolt as soon as a P5 opportunity arises. That goes for any team in the conference. This is a stepping stone. I'm confident that there is absolutely nobody out there who dreams of being USF HC for their entire career. Taggart's situation has changed. Somebody pointed out that he may be looking to rebuild his reputation. Coming back here where he once had success would make sense, and yes, he will bolt again if he comes back and wins, but so would any other coach. It is what it is.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What we have to do now is, put everybody on the bus

Put them in the right seat.

AND LET COACH T DRIVE THIS BUS!!!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What we have to do now is, put everybody on the bus

Put them in the right seat.

AND LET COACH T DRIVE THIS BUS!!!

family guy kicked off the bus GIF by HULU

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think you'll find that ANY coach we get going forward, that has any success, will not want to be here, and will bolt as soon as a P5 opportunity arises. That goes for any team in the conference. This is a stepping stone. I'm confident that there is absolutely nobody out there who dreams of being USF HC for their entire career. Taggart's situation has changed. Somebody pointed out that he may be looking to rebuild his reputation. Coming back here where he once had success would make sense, and yes, he will bolt again if he comes back and wins, but so would any other coach. It is what it is.

There are only about 20 jobs in the country that aren't stepping stones. Oregon was a stepping stone. Sure as **** PJ Fleck is leaving Minnesota if he keeps this up. Some SEC school is going to snatch him up for millions more. That's the way it goes.