• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am looking hard to find Slick Willie’s conference championship. Do you see it? I can’t...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/23/2019 at 11:22 PM, emrober5 said:

Taggart would dominate here if we brought him back. Once we moved from the Stanford pro style to the Gulf Coast O we were set.

Can't blame him for moving to Oregon. Now that he flamed out at fsu it would scare power 5 schools away a bit once he starts winning here again. 

I'm fine with looking at other options, but Taggart should be at the top of the list.

At this point, who would want to come here other than a young OC/DC who is going to jump at money if and when a P5 comes knocking.

CCS is not the solution here as we can all agree.

CWT is one hell of a recruiter and I feel like Coach King worked well with QF which I never understood keeping him but moving him to a different positional coaching spot.

I would love to see up ranked and competing nationally for NY6 games and all of that hoopla but at this point I'd rather see up scoring points and enjoying football again.

This product is worse than Skippy Ball and Gilbert's grape eating offense.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If we go with an ex-coach, we have one ex-coach who has had tremendous success since leaving.

One, and only one.

So that's the one to bring back if we went with a former coach.

It was also a very different time in college football back then.

If things were how the were now, no way in hell would the committee ever have us ranked that high again.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:27 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

I would take CJL way before I took back the slime ball Slick Willie. He has zero loyalty to anyone. Further, those stupid sayings...no way I could deal with his complete and utter bull ****. 

You wouldn't be loyal to any team either with the pay check they offered and a dream to have a better chance of one day coaching a BCS Championship winner........just sayin

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, fla331boy said:

You wouldn't be loyal to any team either with the pay check they offered and a dream to have a better chance of one day coaching a BCS Championship winner........just sayin

I would have been loyal to Oregon. What he did to them is unconscionable. He is nothing but a slick shyster...just sayin...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, fla331boy said:

It was also a very different time in college football back then.

If things were how the were now, no way in hell would the committee ever have us ranked that high again.

I don't remember being ranked that high under Holtz.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, pascobull said:

this is why coaches in the AAC shouldn't make more than a million per year. We overpay them and get 0% loyalty. 

HC Salaries are getting out of control:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/10/22/college-football-surprising-numbers-coaches-salaries-report/4008486002/

Yes. Even though I think CCS is not good I've said even if he won the conference championship we can't afford him at his current pay rate.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,061
  • Days Won:  38

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would have been loyal to Oregon. What he did to them is unconscionable. He is nothing but a slick shyster...just sayin...

I feel like Oregon ended up making out in the deal, but yeah that was a double dream job fake out.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am looking hard to find Slick Willie’s conference championship. Do you see it? I can’t...

You'll be looking just as hard, and still failing to see any football conference championship here by any coach in our history, and it doesn't appear that there will be one anytime soon. Taggart came as close as anybody though, and at least put an exciting product out there along the way.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

No thanks! Losing to Temple and getting blown out by FSU.

We lost on the road to a Temple team that won the conference that year, and lost to Dalvin Cook and #13 FSU....that's it. 11-2 record, and you're saying "No Thanks!". Just curious, who do you want here?

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Then to make things worse, the coach bolts before the bowl game as probably the coach knew they couldn’t win a bowl game? 

C'mon man. He got another job, and we did win that bowl game....which if I remember correctly, we were favored in....