• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, FazaUSF said:

He made it clear he didn't give a rat's rear about USF, and made no bones about the fact that we were his stepping stone.

We are going to be a stepping stone for whoever comes through here and has any success. Honestly, are you expecting a coach to come here, be super successful, and be a career USF Coach? CJL was that one in a million guy who would have stayed, but things have changed. The AAC is a stepping stone conference for coaches. I'm kind of amazed that people are holding that against Taggart. He moved on to bigger and better things. Didn't work out for him, but can't blame the guy for taking his shot at the big time.

He deliberately lost games harder earlier on to "engineer a turnaround."

You can't possibly be serious with this.

He made decisions time and again his first few years that made us all cringe.

There were a few, such as "The Team" on the back of the jersey, but you live and learn. He got things turned around. Came up a little short on winning the conference in 2016, but it was a fun ride. What were your expectations of him?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm not saying hire him back but I wouldn't be totally opposed to it ...... but the lengths that some are going to disparage him is freaking hilarious, serious jilted lover syndrome. His record improved every year of the FOUR he was here. Those that give him **** for leaving here for Oregon are green and gold gogglin that like crazy. Nobody in their right mind faults him for that move. Oregon to FSU after only one year? He grew up a ******* Seminoles fan, one of the premier, storied football programs in the country. Again, nobody in their right, un butt hurt mind doesn't believe him when he said it was the ONLY job he'd leave Oregon for after just the one year .....

However, the crowning glory of the disparages are the ones saying how do we know he won't turn us around, get us to the brink of greatness again and leave ...................................................................................... just let the brilliance of that thought process sink in for a minute.

Great, absolutely spot on post. You'd think Taggart was winless in his four seasons here judging by the way he gets bashed here. Jilted lover syndrome is correct.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

There were a few, such as "The Team" on the back of the jersey, but you live and learn. He got things turned around. Came up a little short on winning the conference in 2016, but it was a fun ride. What were your expectations of him?

True, but a "turnover" backpack would have been nice... 😁

image.thumb.png.ecf48f460dc3ab5c09dba4b3fd573234.png

I'd take 11-2 again.  It wouldn't be a disappointment.  I don't get the crapping on everyone because someone is unhappy and out of things to post about.

Sure, my fantasy coach would be CJL to right the ship.  But, you can't go home again.  Time to put on the overalls and overhaul the program with the target being what we can become, not what we have been.  The future is as equally as bright as the darkness some fans embrace.

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

We are going to be a stepping stone for whoever comes through here and has any success. Honestly, are you expecting a coach to come here, be super successful, and be a career USF Coach? CJL was that one in a million guy who would have stayed, but things have changed. The AAC is a stepping stone conference for coaches. I'm kind of amazed that people are holding that against Taggart. He moved on to bigger and better things. Didn't work out for him, but can't blame the guy for taking his shot at the big time.

You can't possibly be serious with this.

CWT failed to win a bowl game or a conference title. Sorry but I would rather see USF take their chances with someone else. Please let us know what CWT record was against the top 25? You actually think CWT would have done much better this season in what was one of USF’s toughest schedules? I’m thinking we would have about the same record and everyone would be calling for his head. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I would take CJL way before I took back the slime ball Slick Willie. He has zero loyalty to anyone. Further, those stupid sayings...no way I could deal with his complete and utter bull ****. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would take CJL way before I took back the slime ball Slick Willie. He has zero loyalty to anyone. Further, those stupid sayings...no way I could deal with his complete and utter bull ****. 

I knew you would come around 

Just now, puc86 said:

I knew you would come around 

It’s like choosing the prettiest pig though...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s like choosing the ugliest pig though...

Don’t try to ruin the moment, “you say it best when you say nothing at all”.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Don’t try to ruin the moment, “you say it best when you say nothing at all”.

Sorry...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

Might as well throw Holtz back in the mix as he at least won conference titles