• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I guess I'd rather miss a game than give a company with a decade long track record of trying to **** us the money to do it again.

Fair point. I get that. I submitted a while ago. 

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

It's all been hypothetical for me but if, in your end, we crossed into literal possibility, only you will be able to determine when that happened.

Well hypothetically...he ain’t coaching here. 😁

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, OnTheBus said:

Willie Taggart had a losing record (24-25) at USF.

Willie Taggart never won a bowl game for USF.

Willie Taggart made the choice to leave us for one year of Oregon.

Willie Taggart has a losing record (16-17) across two other HC gigs since leaving USF.

Those are great facts to bust out at parties, but they don't tell the whole story.  Very easy to parrot them when you're looking for a reason to discount what he did here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Willie Taggart had a losing record (24-25) at USF.

Willie Taggart never won a bowl game for USF.

Willie Taggart made the choice to leave us for one year of Oregon.

Willie Taggart has a losing record (16-17) across two other HC gigs since leaving USF.

Would you consider a coach who won a bowl game here? Didn't leave after one year? And has done nothing but win before and after USF? Asking for a friend of mine with a white wind breaker.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Tags is turrible.  One game from getting fired for running his boring ass offense.  He says WTF and let’s QF run his playground offense and it works because QF was amazing and could improvise and pull out the magic.  We don’t have a QF on the team now.   It wasn’t CWT that got him the job at Oregon, it was QF and MM

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart would dominate here if we brought him back. Once we moved from the Stanford pro style to the Gulf Coast O we were set.

Can't blame him for moving to Oregon. Now that he flamed out at fsu it would scare power 5 schools away a bit once he starts winning here again. 

I'm fine with looking at other options, but Taggart should be at the top of the list.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Tags is turrible.  One game from getting fired for running his boring ass offense.  He says WTF and let’s QF run his playground offense and it works because QF was amazing and could improvise and pull out the magic.  We don’t have a QF on the team now.   It wasn’t CWT that got him the job at Oregon, it was QF and MM

:facepalm::rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

Taggart would dominate here if we brought him back. Once we moved from the Stanford pro style to the Gulf Coast O we were set.

Can't blame him for moving to Oregon. Now that he flamed out at fsu it would scare power 5 schools away a bit once he starts winning here again. 

I'm fine with looking at other options, but Taggart should be at the top of the list.

Can't help but wonder what the GCO would look like with Evans at QB,  Joiner (or Ford perhaps?) at RB, and Weaver on the Jet Sweep. Definite potential there, but him coming back here seems unlikely.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

47 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

That wasn't a playground offense, it was designed to take advantage of the talent we had....particularly QF....and it did exactly that. I think we actually have the pieces right now for the GCO to maybe work well.

Will have to disagree with you on Tags being terrible. He's kind of hard to evaluate right now. Somebody (Puc I believe) questioned whether CWT was just a flash in the pan or not with the one good season he had here. He never stuck around with any of the programs he was beginning to turn around, so I guess there is no definite answer to that. If he came back with the GCO though, I wouldn't have any problem with that.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484

One thing that the folks that want to bring back Taggart fail to recognize, is that you are not getting the same guy we had back then. If you think he is going to come in and start recruiting like he used to, you are delusional.

The Willie Taggart we hired was a relatively unknown up and coming head coach coming out of WKU. Recruits didn't really know anything about him other than what he presented outward. He had no baggage. 

The Willie Taggart of today has a reputation of being a loser. He had a high profile job at FSU with a ton of attention on him and the program, which ended with him being unceremoniously fired after 1.5 seasons. He also has the reputation of jumping ship at the first given chance and abandoning your ass. 

What is Willie Taggart's recruiting pitch today? Why would any recruit on earth want to come play for Willie Taggart, given what they know about him today? The Willie Taggart of today has a reputation, and a highly unfavorable one at that. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

One thing that the folks that want to bring back Taggart fail to recognize, is that you are not getting the same guy we had back then. If you think he is going to come in and start recruiting like he used to, you are delusional.

The Willie Taggart we hired was a relatively unknown up and coming head coach coming out of WKU. Recruits didn't really know anything about him other than what he presented outward. 

The Willie Taggart of today has a reputation of being a loser. He had a high profile job at FSU with a ton of attention on him and the program, which ended with him being unceremoniously fired after 1.5 seasons. He also has the reputation of jumping ship at the first given chance and abandoning your ass. 

What is Willie Taggart's recruiting pitch today? Why would any recruit on earth want to come play for Willie Taggart, given what they know about him today? The Willie Taggart of today has a reputation, and a highly unfavorable one at that. 

This is exactly why we should hire him...it's the USF thing to do.  A joke of a program and a joke of a coach would make for a lot of laughs.  In all seriousness, he might be the best we can do at this point.