• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think if it came down to us learning we'll never move up, the size stadium you'd need to accommodate those fans left, identified in red above, would be cheaper to own than to continue to rent out RayJay, thereby making fiscal sense.

Hopefully we just miracle our way back to the big leagues, start filling up Ray Jay again and then no longer worry about all the things that have seemed so important since our fall from grace. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think if it came down to us learning we'll never move up, the size stadium you'd need to accommodate those fans left, identified in red above, would be cheaper to own than to continue to rent out RayJay, thereby making fiscal sense.

Well that's a depressing statement (not saying its not true)......Maybe I'm naïve, but I'm not totally giving up hope yet on that.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, USFRaider said:

To all the posters here 45 years of age or older.............Do you think USF will get that on-campus stadium built in your lifetime?

Hell, I just want to see them win a conference championship and win the New Years game before I croak...( and I don't feel all that great today so..) We should start the chant IPF IPF IPF  maybe it will add motivation. 45?? I've got T-shirts older than that....IPF IPF IPF IPF 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hell, I just want to see them win a conference championship and win the New Years game before I croak...( and I don't feel all that great today so..) We should start the chant IPF IPF IPF  maybe it will add motivation. 45?? I've got T-shirts older than that....IPF IPF IPF IPF 

Agree..... This bigger for me than OCS.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I want to formally announce to everyone on this board that my plans to purchase a private jet and a private island in the Pacific are on the back-burner for now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I want to formally announce to everyone on this board that my plans to purchase a private jet and a private island in the Pacific are on the back-burner for now. 

Are you settling for a private plane and island in the Caribbean?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Are you settling for a private plane and island in the Caribbean?

I'm putting together an exploratory committee to put together a feasibility report to outline the potential cost of acquiring a private island. The report is going to cost me quite a bit of money, and I still won't be able to purchase the private island irrespective of what the report states, but I feel it is something I have to do to satisfy my demanding family and friends. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Always so much confirmation bias going on in these threads.  Made up facts about how awful owning an OCS is (save the one or two FCS articles please).  If we had an OCS we would not be clamoring to get into  Ray jay, we would be talking about how awesome it is to have our own place.  Can’t think of one other college football fan base that would even suggest they would rather not own an OCS.  The OCS discussion is always the same.  Simply put, an OCS is an investment in the future fan base, brings people back to campus, builds the college tradition, etc.  But some just refuse to see that.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thought this was interesting so checked it out and just to be clear, the voters aren't paying for the stadium. They just voted to have the city sell the land where SDCCU Stadium currently sits to SDSU who will be paying for "a 35,000-seat stadium for the Aztecs .... includes an expanded campus focused on research and technology, a river park with 90 acres of open space and additional residential and commercial aspects" on the site.

Nobody said the voters were paying for it... they're using taxable revenue bonds to pay for it... and the state will still end up paying significant money.  It's how it works out here.