• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

Interesting thread.   Someone please explain how UofH and Tulane (of all schools) can build a new OCS whilst in the AAC...  and USF can't?    Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, is a few miles from UofH.  And (not that it matters), but the color scheme actually works for UofH.   Yet they were able to work up funding and get an awesome ocs built.    I'm in Texas and I catch a game there every year.

I am actually in the crowd that is fine paying in the Bucs stadium...   we won't be able to build something nicer, so why not use it?   But, since so many seem to think an OCS is almost a requirement for 'moving up', I don't see why we can't do it...     

I think it all relates to general support for USF.  When we were losing, we didn't draw fans.  They said that winning would cure it.  For the last two seasons we have been winning, and we still draw flies.   Why should we build an OCS for THAT kind of fanbase?   I think that's our number one problem. Culture.

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2018/11/29/football-home-attendance-highest-since-2012.aspx

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

45 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

My faith has been restored by seeing the common sense replies and acknowledgement of reality in this thread.

St. Jim even said Ray Jay was his best recruiting tool.

It's on the back burner, but maybe if someone could mock up what it would look like if Papa John's Stadium was put on MOSI land or on campus somewhere it might get moved to the front burner.

Where it would go up in flames and be reduced to ashes!

BTW,  Papa John’s Stadium is no more!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why didn’t anyone tell Pitt, Miami, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, South Carolina, NC State, Baylor and Northwestern that they couldn’t be in the P5 sans an OCS?

Not sure what the point is...  USF was in the Big East, and frankly playing in a pro stadium was probably one of the things that made us attractive.   Yes, ocs is clearly NOT a requirement...  and an NFL stadium can actually be a benefit for 'moving up'.    I just wish we got a fair deal from the Bucs...  and could fill that lower bowl.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure if I actually believe it...   each game still 'looks' empty...  I know, we're spreading them out over a huge stadium area...  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

Not sure what the point is...  USF was in the Big East, and frankly playing in a pro stadium was probably one of the things that made us attractive.   Yes, ocs is clearly NOT a requirement...  and an NFL stadium can actually be a benefit for 'moving up'.    I just wish we got a fair deal from the Bucs...  and could fill that lower bowl.

The point is you said many thought an OCS is a requirement for moving up, this shows they are wrong and probably also think if you win the AAC a bunch of times you it will help move up too.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

14 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

I'm not sure if I actually believe it...   each game still 'looks' empty...  I know, we're spreading them out over a huge stadium area...  

The lower bowl at the Ray Jay isn’t huge!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The lower bowl at the Ray Jay isn’t huge!

That’s a matter of perspective 10 years ago it didn’t seem very big but now it may as well be Beaver Stadium.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

Interesting thread.   Someone please explain how UofH and Tulane (of all schools) can build a new OCS whilst in the AAC...  and USF can't?    Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, is a few miles from UofH.  And (not that it matters), but the color scheme actually works for UofH.   Yet they were able to work up funding and get an awesome ocs built.    I'm in Texas and I catch a game there every year.

I am actually in the crowd that is fine paying in the Bucs stadium...   we won't be able to build something nicer, so why not use it?   But, since so many seem to think an OCS is almost a requirement for 'moving up', I don't see why we can't do it...     

I think it all relates to general support for USF.  When we were losing, we didn't draw fans.  They said that winning would cure it.  For the last two seasons we have been winning, and we still draw flies.   Why should we build an OCS for THAT kind of fanbase?   I think that's our number one problem. Culture.

It’s called oil money son....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s called oil money son....

And in a way, for Tulane, USF helped fund their stadium.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

59 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Are you sure about that? It seems like a lot more things around it not connected to a university than is.

31CED03D-3F48-441B-9240-9BF35B266E68.png

I'm sure. While it's not contiguous, it is part of the campus. I lived in Columbia for several years.