Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
NewEnglandBull

On campus stadium is on the back burner

Posted (edited)

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Smart.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I didn’t know it was ever on a burner to begin with much less a forward facing one. No one on the planet wants to own a stadium if they can avoid it, every single owner of every single sport tries to get the city to buy the stadium and then to further prove that ownership of a stadium is probably the single worst investment on the planet they don’t even want the city to buy it for them they just want to lease it on generous terms because even when someone esle pays for it owning a stadium is still too expensive to be considered more of a benefit than a liability. Add to it the uncertainty of college football, the instability of anything less than P5 football and that we have a suitable alternative and building a stadium in this environment would make me question the worthiness of our new president. A stadium is a fun idea for fans to throw around but if a president does more than humor our ideas they should be fired. That being said we should pretend to more interested than we are and try to get community support to renegotiate something closer to Pittsburgh because the city of Tampa and USF got hosed by the Bucs and we deserve better for our tax dollars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bausfkid said:

Smart.

As fun as the other argument is this is sadly the truth and it’s not even close.

I want an on campus stadium, but not if we stay in this conference. I’m glad we are getting the indoor practice facility...that was a necessity and will get used. Can’t see spending hundreds of millions on a stadium while in the aac. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I want an on campus stadium, but not if we stay in this conference. I’m glad we are getting the indoor practice facility...that was a necessity and will get used. Can’t see spending hundreds of millions on a stadium while in the aac. 

It would be an albatross our university would forever rue.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I didn’t know it was ever on a burner to begin with much less a forward facing one. No one on the planet wants to own a stadium if they can avoid it, every single owner of every single sport tries to get the city to buy the stadium and then to further prove that ownership of a stadium is probably the single worst investment on the planet they don’t even want the city to buy it for them they just want to lease it on generous terms because even when someone esle pays for it owning a stadium is still too expensive to be considered more of a benefit than a liability. 

If stadiums were a good investment the nfl, mlb, nba etc would build stadiums for their teams. Stadiums are money pits. They just hold cities hostage staying “build our stadium, or we’ll find another city that will.”

Cupholders Forever!

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

If stadiums were a good investment the nfl, mlb, nba etc would build stadiums for their teams. Stadiums are money pits. They just hold cities hostage staying “build our stadium, or we’ll find another city that will.”

And even when they make them build them they still don’t want to own them because they are insanely expensive to upkeep and as soon as it’s built it’s no longer state of the art and needs planning for it’s renovation not to mention the staffing and maintenance.

Breaking News?