• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is no chance by the time it is built we could build something most people would be willing to step into for less than $200 million.

Those that care will come if we built it for 75mil (exaggeration, yes). Point being is that it is way past time to stop pandering to the “I want my special things” crowd and get those on campus that want to be here, plus the walkability for students.  The fans will come no matter what, the others can pound sand. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Those that care will come if we built it for 75mil (exaggeration, yes). Point being is that it is way past time to stop pandering to the “I want my special things” crowd and get those on campus that want to be here, plus the walkability for students.  The fans will come no matter what, the others can pound sand. 

In that case lets just take it to the soccer fields and we can move for free tomorrow, interestingly that is probably the only scenario in which we can be profitable in the AAC.  Everyone wins, it is free, we are on campus, we start making money, the stadium does not look empty and it can happen immediately. 

Edited by puc86
  • Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

The problem with that thought process is that the ones they're supposedly pandering to now are probably tons more involved with USF Athletics financially than those continually banging the "I want an ocs now!" drum ...

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In that case lets just take it to the soccer fields and we can move for free tomorrow, interestingly that is probably the only scenario in which we can be profitable in the AAC.  Everyone wins, it is free, we are on campus, we start making money, the stadium does not look empty and it can happen immediately. 

I mean, I would go, and so would everyone else that loves USF football.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The problem with that thought process is that the ones they're supposedly pandering to now are probably tons more involved with USF Athletics financially than those continually banging the "I want an ocs now!" drum ...

I wish I was better informed to respond to this, but I am not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

I mean, I would go, and so would everyone else that loves USF football.

I would go too as I would also go to an OCS if we built it but I recognize the soccer stadium idea is a better one than the OCS one because one is fiscally responsible and the other is the kind of negligence that gets you fired which is why not one person in power has entertained the idea. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,335
  • Days Won:  10

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is assuming we have to buy land to build the structure and parking. If we can actually jam it onto campus maybe it can be done okay at $125. Yes I know that forever ago UCF built a stadium on campus on land that they had for less than $100 which has needed updating immediately and  still wouldn't be satisfactory to most and would be entirely too small to bring in crowds if they were to move to a real conference. 

And entirely too small to attract big named programs for home games.  They won't come because an aluminum wok won't accommodate the traveling fanbase.  That is what UCF and their bouncehouse has done for them.  They admitted it on their boards.  I think we are missing this point if we are thinking about how inexpensively we can build an OCS.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1. I would really like an OCS.

2. I 100% know that said OCS is a worse plan financially than setting actual cash on fire.

1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive. 

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I didn't say that anybody said that, but I did wonder with the way it was worded, which is why I said it was interesting. When you're talking about voters voting for something about a stadium it's kind of natural to assume they'd be on the hook for something .... and in this case it's almost  just the opposite.

My bad... I included that because I'm not sure Tampa would have done the same for USF.  Tampa voters that is.  

Edited by Calibull