• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Grateful Dad said:

And entirely too small to attract big named programs for home games.  They won't come because an aluminum wok won't accommodate the traveling fanbase.  That is what UCF and their bouncehouse has done for them.  They admitted it on their boards.  I think we are missing this point if we are thinking about how inexpensively we can build an OCS.

They claimed on their boards that the size of their stadium was keeping all the big name teams from signing 1:1 contracts like UCF deserves. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

I don't think that a big program will play on UCF's campus.  A neutral site?  Yes, for more seating.

I think part of the reason Alabama signed with us is they know that RayJay can accommodate the legions of fans that will want to attend.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

They claimed on their boards that the size of their stadium was keeping all the big name teams from signing 1:1 contracts like UCF deserves. 

But when you are on campus no one cares who you play or how you play 

0B6ED67D-096E-433C-B1B8-8456B147A1A8.gif

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1. I would really like an OCS.

2. I 100% know that said OCS is a worse plan financially than setting actual cash on fire.

1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive. 

I agree entirely. I would gladly contribute to an OCS, I think lots of people would, I think after those contributions we will be roughly $200 million and change away from fully funding the project and that just doesn’t make sense to me if we don’t have to do it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

My bad... I included that because I'm not sure Tampa would have done the same for USF.  Tampa voters that is.  

That whole situation was pretty unique. It looked like the voters were voting on two initiatives on that piece od land, whether to sell it for a soccer stadium and/or to SDSU for the stadium, et al. I really don't have a clue how that would go over here. It would hinge hugely on the marketing campaign to explain exactly what they were voting on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

I don't think that a big program will play on UCF's campus.  A neutral site?  Yes, for more seating.

They got Texas for the season opener but I don't think one since then except maybe the Hurricanes (if they can considered a "big" program)?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

On 7/7/2019 at 1:55 PM, SpikeBull said:

Cupholders Forever!

Benches and Bulls campus traditions.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Those that care will come if we built it for 75mil (exaggeration, yes). Point being is that it is way past time to stop pandering to the “I want my special things” crowd and get those on campus that want to be here, plus the walkability for students.  The fans will come no matter what, the others can pound sand. 

go to Ray Jay to see their Bulls play football.  Those that don't care don't go to the OC Yuengling Center to watch MBB or WBB.

Yeah, I know, football is different.  

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Just some fuzzy math.  A $200,000,000 stadium would be paid for by let's say, 5,000 season ticket holders (I'm being generous with that number - not season tickets - the people that have the accounts).  So who on here is ready to kick in $40,000?  We're relatively big donors and don't think we could do that over a 5 year period. That 5 year number seems to be what they want you to adhere to when making pledges.  That would be over and above your seat donation and season tickets plus whatever you pay for other sports.  

Even if big donors kick in $50 million that is still $30k per donor for the balance.

We can't raise $20 million for the IPF.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I'm only one lucky drawing, or dying, away from making a larger donation.