• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

59 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Pretty simple. The owner of Serta gave $15 million, the owner of the Saints gave $7.5 million, and the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave somewhere in the $5 million range. So...$25-$30 million of the $75 million cost in one swoop. That's how.

We should just get a group of people to give us $150 million, I can’t believe no one in our administration ever thought of that.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Seattle in itself is beautiful and Lake Washington is a marginally better view than Mons, 2001 and anything within 15 miles of campus.

I don't know, I prefer this over anything on Dale Mabry but that could just be because I grew up there. Could also be because I miss living by the water after 3 years in the desert...

CTXPKUFMPSDYJOA.20130911224128.jpg 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I don't know, I prefer this over anything on Dale Mabry but that could just be because I grew up there. Could also be because I miss living by the water after 3 years in the desert...

If you stand on top of the mast of the pirate ship you can see the bay.  😁

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Place is awesome. They tailgate on the boats before the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

If that is on campus where are all the people?  I kid, I kid.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If that is on campus where are all the people?  I kid, I kid.  

It’s because it’s off campus, if something isn’t on campus then no one will go even though it’s close to heaven.

16 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

As would anyone.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If you stand on top of the mast of the pirate ship you can see the bay.  😁

Probably next door at a basketball game...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Pretty simple. The owner of Serta gave $15 million, the owner of the Saints gave $7.5 million, and the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave somewhere in the $5 million range. So...$25-$30 million of the $75 million cost in one swoop. That's how.

Yulman gave $15 million, and the followed that up with $10 million more,  but there was a lot more to it than what you stated above.

https://giving.tulane.edu/s/1586/Giving/16/interior.aspx?sid=1586&gid=2&pgid=1881&utm_source=tulane&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=fitts

How many $50K plus donors will USF have for an OCS?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

We should just get a group of people to give us $150 million, I can’t believe no one in our administration ever thought of that.

U of Houston stadium in 2014 was 125 million and over a hundred million was transferred from academics to fund this, we could never have done this under Genshaft.  They have been in a full out blitz to try and separate and make them the most viable P5 expansion candidate, look at their most recent football hire.  They have been spending like a drunken sailor on sports while their academics has been mediocre at best, cannot remember the last time we hired a quality UH grad.  They also use The Texans stadium as a home or neutral game when attracting a big time opponent, beat Oklahoma a few years ago at Reliant stadium.  Not sure why USF could not build an OCS and use Ray Jay when trying to attract The Bama’s, Clemson etc..(. well besides money, fan support etc...)