• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm sure. While it's not contiguous, it is part of the campus. I lived in Columbia for several years. 

If your stadium isn’t contiguous to your campus doesn’t that make it an off campus stadium? The internet certainly doesn’t seem convinced that it is an OCS, perhaps it resides in some odd grey area.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm sure. While it's not contiguous, it is part of the campus. I lived in Columbia for several years. 

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If your stadium isn’t contiguous to your campus doesn’t that make it an off campus stadium? The internet certainly doesn’t seem convinced that it is an OCS, perhaps it resides in some odd grey area.

So we just annex the area of Ray Jay's location to the USF campus. We'd then have an OCS that we didn't have to buy.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So we just annex the area of Ray Jay's location to the USF campus. We'd then have an OCS that we didn't have to buy.  

This idea has the most promise out of any OCS proposal I have read.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  14

If I was in a coma and woke up and had nothing to go on but the information in this post, I could tell you it was early July.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, CousinRicky said:

I am pretty sure thats what SDSU is doing...  lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  10

The way pro teams are going, the Bucs will want a new stadium in a few years and we can take this one over.  The fine citizens of Hillsborough county paid for it, didn't they?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

39 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

lol.. nope... they're building a stadium in Mission Valley... voters agreed to it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm kinda diametrically opposite of this. We've already seen that RayJay is just fine for when we're at the big boys table. If we get back there, playing branded teams on regular basis, the crowds should hide most of the red seats ...... for the prate ship, maybe try hypnosis for those too myopic to overlook it.

If we are stuck here, or God forbid worse, build a smallish but safe ocs, with no chain link, doing due diligence in figuring out how much of a Club area is realistically needed ...... paring down to the mostly hard core fans who support because it's USF, not who we're playing and not caring what outsiders think about the program.

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

So you think making less money is a better reason to spend more money and making more money would be a better reason to spend less money? 

I think if it came down to us learning we'll never move up, the size stadium you'd need to accommodate those fans left, identified in red above, would be cheaper to own than to continue to rent out RayJay, thereby making fiscal sense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

1 hour ago, zerogbull said:

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

lol.. nope... they're building a stadium in Mission Valley... voters agreed to it

Thought this was interesting so checked it out and just to be clear, the voters aren't paying for the stadium. They just voted to have the city sell the land where SDCCU Stadium currently sits to SDSU who will be paying for "a 35,000-seat stadium for the Aztecs .... includes an expanded campus focused on research and technology, a river park with 90 acres of open space and additional residential and commercial aspects" on the site.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thought this was interesting so checked it out and just to be clear, the voters aren't paying for the stadium. They just voted to have the city sell the land where SDCCU Stadium currently sits to SDSU who will be paying for "a 35,000-seat stadium for the Aztecs .... includes an expanded campus focused on research and technology, a river park with 90 acres of open space and additional residential and commercial aspects" on the site.

I wonder if there's any land that USF would be interested in buying from the city of Tampa? You know, close enough to maybe look at building something, someday.