• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

My faith has been restored by seeing the common sense replies and acknowledgement of reality in this thread.

St. Jim even said Ray Jay was his best recruiting tool.

It's on the back burner, but maybe if someone could mock up what it would look like if Papa John's Stadium was put on MOSI land or on campus somewhere it might get moved to the front burner.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

My faith has been restored by seeing the common sense replies and acknowledgement of reality in this thread.

St. Jim even said Ray Jay was his best recruiting tool.

It's on the back burner, but maybe if someone could mock up what it would look like if Papa John's Stadium was put on MOSI land or on campus somewhere it might get moved to the front burner.

Maybe that could then lead to a feasibility study, I can’t believe we have gone this long without one.

Here is a fun little thought experiment for anyone that thinks an OCS is an amazing idea that will help solve all of our woes. If there is fan support for an OCS and if it would in fact be anywhere close to break even fiscally what would be the motivating factor for multiple athletic directors and now a couple of Presidents not to move forward with the idea? If it makes money and makes people happy it should be a no brainer for anyone in power and yet strangely enough the idea has never moved past a couple of renderings, why?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Here is a fun little thought experiment for anyone that thinks an OCS is an amazing idea that will help solve all of our woes. If there is fan support for an OCS and if it would in fact be anywhere close to break even fiscally what would be the motivating factor for multiple athletic directors and now a couple of Presidents not to move forward with the idea? If it makes money and makes people happy it should be a no brainer for anyone in power and yet strangely enough the idea has never moved past a couple of renderings, why?

Sort of like when people claim adding USF to a major conference would benefit the conference...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting thread.   Someone please explain how UofH and Tulane (of all schools) can build a new OCS whilst in the AAC...  and USF can't?    Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, is a few miles from UofH.  And (not that it matters), but the color scheme actually works for UofH.   Yet they were able to work up funding and get an awesome ocs built.    I'm in Texas and I catch a game there every year.

I am actually in the crowd that is fine paying in the Bucs stadium...   we won't be able to build something nicer, so why not use it?   But, since so many seem to think an OCS is almost a requirement for 'moving up', I don't see why we can't do it...     

I think it all relates to general support for USF.  When we were losing, we didn't draw fans.  They said that winning would cure it.  For the last two seasons we have been winning, and we still draw flies.   Why should we build an OCS for THAT kind of fanbase?   I think that's our number one problem. Culture.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Sort of like when people claim adding USF to a major conference would benefit the conference...

I think most people believe it will benefit us which is all we really care about, if we can sucker another conference into believing it will help them to help us then that’s great. Maybe we can convince someone that building us a stadium can help them too. I mean if it worked for Tom Sawyer and painting the fence, why can’t it work for us too?

1 minute ago, zerogbull said:

Interesting thread.   Someone please explain how UofH and Tulane (of all schools) can build a new OCS whilst in the AAC...  and USF can't?    Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play, is a few miles from UofH.  And (not that it matters), but the color scheme actually works for UofH.   Yet they were able to work up funding and get an awesome ocs built.    I'm in Texas and I catch a game there every year.

I am actually in the crowd that is fine paying in the Bucs stadium...   we won't be able to build something nicer, so why not use it?   But, since so many seem to think an OCS is almost a requirement for 'moving up', I don't see why we can't do it...     

I think it all relates to general support for USF.  When we were losing, we didn't draw fans.  They said that winning would cure it.  For the last two seasons we have been winning, and we still draw flies.   Why should we build an OCS for THAT kind of fanbase?   I think that's our number one problem. Culture.

Why didn’t anyone tell Pitt, Miami, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, South Carolina, NC State, Baylor and Northwestern that they couldn’t be in the P5 sans an OCS?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why didn’t anyone tell Pitt, Miami, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, South Carolina, NC State, Baylor and Northwestern that they couldn’t be in the P5 sans an OCS?

Technically, Williams-Brice (USCe) is on-campus

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

12 minutes ago, zerogbull said:

Everything else aside...they have something that USF lacks...a Donor Base that supports Such undertakings.

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Technically, Williams-Brice (USCe) is on-campus

Are you sure about that? It seems like a lot more things around it not connected to a university than is.

31CED03D-3F48-441B-9240-9BF35B266E68.png